Firware EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Closing date: 18 January 2017
Job ref. no.: KT - FWE
Eden Scott's client based in Edinburgh is a specialist in vibration sensor development, due to continued success they are looking to appoint a new engineer to their growing design team.
Reporting to the Technical Project Manager, you will work closely with a small design team including; electronics engineer, mechanical engineer, software engineer, project manager and third party manufacturers to develop and support their growing product range.
- Design and development of firmware for their product range involving measurement sensors, micro controllers, digital signal processing, RFID circuits, battery management, Bluetooth LE and basic mobile phone communications.
- Work alongside electronics engineer to select key components / technologies for new product development
- Support mechanical engineer on core vibration and sound analysis functionality within their products
- Liaise closely with existing firmware and software engineers to support robust communication protocols across their hardware, GPRS and cloud based analytics platform
- Produce and maintain product development lifecycle documentation within ISO9001 QMS
- Work with electronics engineer and operations manager to support contract manufacturer partners
- Technically liaise with any external expert parties for product design support or Product qualification
- Develop firmware test system to support product validation
- Support manufacturing acceptance and product qualification and certification test requirements to address the products application
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent C coding
- Knowledge of ARM based microcontrollers and their peripherals
- Hardware and Firmware integration and development of low level device drivers such as Flash/FRAM memories, Accelerometers, LCD, Battery management
- Communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C
- Real-Time and Multi-Threaded coding using RTOS such as FreeRTOS
- Be skilled in the use of source control tools such as Mercurial/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle
Knowledge of the following would be highly desirable:
- Experience of RFID (ISO-15693 and ISO-14443) and Bluetooth Low Energy technologies specification Knowledge of mobile telecommunications technologies, particularly GPRS
- Knowledge of Networking protocols TCP/IP
- Software development for test automation
- Mobile phone application development
- Experience of analysis and implementation of DSP algorithms
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant technical discipline and have several years' industry experience behind them.
Salary will be commensurate with experience + benefits.
If you are keen to have a confidential discussion please contact Keith Tocher on 01315501130 or apply to the role.
|Contact Name||Keith Tocher|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist