Optoelectronics Mechanical EngineerVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as the Senior Optoelectronic Systems Engineer within the Optoelectronics team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall system requirements within the critical optoelectronic module for the LiFi system. The work will involve the development of propriety system and analytical models for the LiFi module and the definition of performance requirements for each sub element. The work will define and assess critical trade-offs for new design solutions and will be a fundamental in the development of new LiFi implementations. The system engineering for the LiFi module will encompass transmitters, receivers, optics, atmospheric channel link analysis and electronic processing. Validation of the system models will be carried out through correlation with hardware testing.
The core responsibilities include:
• Take a leading role in multi-discipline technical projects
• Working with stakeholders across the Company establish and agree system specifications and requirements
• Produce end to end system solutions, which are cost-effective and low-risk while being compliant with roadmap requirements.
• Establish detailed simulation and link models to accurately reflect system performance and cross collate to realised hardware
• Develop sub-module requirement specifications for implementation by hardware development teams
• Working closely with the wider engineering team manage design of the system, changes and resolution of complex problems
• Provide the technical architecture function and be the systems knowledge expert for the Optoelectronic module team
• Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
• Work with product teams to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
• Work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps
• Minimum 5 years’ industry engineering experience in the field of system design
• Technical background and experience in Optoelectronics systems
• Postgraduate level education in Optics, Optoelectronics, Physics, or similar
• Knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle as well as delivering a project cradle-to-grave.
• Innovative problem solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background
• Excellent analytical and simulation skills with strong numerical skills
• Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously
• Project planning and execution.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication, free space optical systems and concepts.
• Hardware design and test experience.
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation, enabling the communication of data through light. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than other wireless solutions.Company profile View all jobs with pureLiFi
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist