Senior Optical Test EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 2 September 2016
Salary: úCompetitive Package
Job ref. no.: s1
Senior Optical Test Engineer
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam’s operations in the UK began in 2013 when the company purchased the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. Since then, the company has developed and expanded its network and customer base on an international level.
Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres and telecommunications applications.
With major investment in our site and products we are now looking to make the key hire of a Senior Optical Test Engineer who will be responsible for providing robust, efficient and high quality systems and methods for testing Kaiam’s silica on silicon Planar Light Circuit (PLC) products.
The primary function is to ensure the quality of the production die test process is consistently achieved and continually improved to match the PLC test needs. The role provides support to PLC R&D in developing innovative optical test systems for new products and for improvements in test efficiency, yield and throughput for existing products. This shall be achieved by management of the optical test equipment, software and the methods used.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Drive improvement projects for PLC test systems in test accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and flexibility
- Control the quality of the PLC die test by providing the systems and safeguards that prevent die test from running out of specification
- Provide information to Production and management in order to improve die test methods and the operation
- Development of test methods and systems in hardware, software and processes
- Liaise with R&D group to prepare for new products and provide necessary test solutions as required
- Establish and maintain yield and performance monitoring tools to achieve goals
- Assist in development of test systems for external CMs and customers
- Maintain existing test equipment and software to support production and ensure good test accuracy, repeatability and reproducibility, maximise tester uptime, availability and flexibility
- Mentor and provide direction to Engineers and Technicians
- Day to day support of Production’s activities
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
Educated to at least degree level in a relevant science or engineering subject e.g. Optoelectronics, Physics, Electrical engineering, your career experience to date is likely to have been in a fast paced, high technology manufacturing environment.
Good programming skills in at least one of C++, Visual Basic, LabView or Vee Pro and experience of working with instrumentation and control systems e.g. via GPIB or similar will be essential.
Good organisational and project management skills are essential along with a flair for data analysis and problem solving.
Skills such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), MSA including GRR, process capability, 8D (or equivalent) and strong problem solving abilities are also sought.
You must have good communication and report writing skills to be able to work between production and engineering (including design) functions. Preparing and presenting material to executive level at yield meetings will be required.
A team player who is able to work with limited supervision is essential.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?
If you feel you can successfully fulfil this role please click apply and send your CV and covering letter.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist