Test TechnicianVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Closing date: 18 January 2017
Job ref. no.: KT - 38123
Eden Scott's client based in the central belt is a specialist medical device company revolutionising, in-vitro diagnostics through flexible assay technologies.
Due to their growth rate and high work load they are looking for experienced test /assembly technicians to join their engineering team.
You will be involved in the assembly and testing of medical device meters being developed by our client. You will be required to work closely with R&D Scientist to maintain and trouble-shoot prototype meters being used in the lab test environment.
- Assemble meters as per assembly drawings and verbal instructions
- Modifying meters to suit specific purpose e.g. mechanical and electrical modifications, including wiring and adding extra circuits, etc. as required
- Program meters to specific software requirements, including modification of software
- Add and replace surface mount parts using soldering iron
- Assisting in lab testing strips and/or running test on repeatability and linearity
- Debugging and repairing meters down to component level
- Assemble optics blocks and magnet assemblies to measure accuracy of parts using OGP machine
- Maintain associated paperwork for recording instrument repairs and updates
- Investigate design issues and identify potential improvements
- Initiate, investigate and action non-conformances when required
- Work in conjunction with the company's Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Ensure trained on all appropriate procedures
- A 'hands on' Engineering Test Technician with experience in a highly regulated industry
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
- Good soldering skills
- Ability to use test equipment as required, e.g. voltmeter, programmers, etc
- Strong desire to learn and improve processes and procedures
The ideal candidate will be educated to HNC level or equivalent in electronics and have industry experience in electronics test down to component or PCB level.
In return you can expect a competitive salary + benefits and play a key role in the development of the company's future success and with many development opportunities.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Keith Tocher on 01315501130
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||Keith Tocher|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist