Lead TechnicianVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Closing date: 18 January 2017
Job ref. no.: KT - 37650
Eden Scott's client is a young and energetic company developing revolutionary and flexible assay platform technologies that will transform In Vitro Diagnostic testing and provide next generation healthcare.
They have a purpose built facility in Stirling and are looking to make the new appointment of a Lead Technician to support their in-house test/assembly/debug technicians.
As the Lead Technician you will focus on the calibration, maintenance and day to day support of their diagnostic instrumentation.
- Lead, direct and support a team of technicians to ensure the instruments are working optimally by providing day to day support to scientists in their use of the instruments
- Oversee and ensure any maintenance, adjustment or calibration required is conducted in a timely manner
- Develop and deploy systems to manage the instrument stock
- Conduct calibration, maintenance and adjustment of Instruments
- Adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage a small team of technicians
- A 'hands on' experienced Instrument Technician (electronic trouble shooting) with experience in a highly regulated industry
- Proven experience of characterising and optimising medical / regulated design devices
- Proven experience of developing processes to manage the maintenance of Instruments to maintain product specifications, developing test methods and of characterising medical / regulated design devices
- Experience of product verification and validation within medical devices (or other highly regulated industry).
- Ability to assemble prototype diagnostics devices by hand as required
- Able to work with a wide range of stakeholders (equipment engineers, process engineers, Instrument engineers and scientists).
- Medical device industry experience in POC instrument.
- cGMP experience, or other regulated industry, aviation/Automotive etc.
- Experience of POC Instrument development
- Process Excellence Green Belt or Black Belt
- Able to use Minitab
- Able to use SolidWorks or AutoCAD drawing packages.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced test/debug/calibration technician with proven leadership and come from a regulated electronics field and be qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
You can expect a competitive salary and benefits package.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Keith Tocher on 01315501130
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||Keith Tocher|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist