Senior Environmental Business AdvisorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Closing date: 18 March 2012
Job ref. no.: GBP -SA
The Business Partnership offer a comprehensive range of services throughout Scotland, to enable the effective management of your business, increase your competitiveness through staff productivity and retention, and help provide good environmental practices and effective networks.
Working within our Green Business Partnership team the Senior Environmental Advisor is responsible for a range of areas. Key aspects of the role will include:
- Undertaking environmental management and resource efficiency support on behalf of the public sector. Liaise directly with the public sector and further develop relationships.
- Assisting and encouraging clients to implement the recommendations of the reviews either directly or by helping clients access other forms of practical / specialist / financial assistance.
- Delivery of private projects with businesses. Including but not limited to ISO 14001, ISO 9001, BS 8555 and GTBS.
- Advising businesses on legal compliance and helping them achieve it.
- Develop and deliver presentations on environmental management and resource efficiency topics
- Cultivate strong relationships with partnership organisations and the public sector throughout Scotland
- Assist in the development of new funding and project initiatives.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities to further advance Green Business Partnership activities.
- To have responsibility for the maintenance of the integrated Quality and Environmental Management System in-house
All candidates will have at least an Undergraduate Degree in a related discipline and will have experience in a similar role at a similar level.
Will have excellent communication skills, be organised and able to structure and deliver reports in a timely manner.
Candidates will have knowledge and experience of developing, maintaining and auditing management systems such as ISO14001 and those mentioned above. Will also be up to date on environmental legislation and be confident advising businesses on this.
There will be a certain amount of travel required in this role and so a full driving licence and car are preferred.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist