Construction ConsultantVacancy posted: Friday, 9 September 2016
Salary: úcommensurate with experience
Closing date: 09 October 2016
We are looking to recruit a talented individual to our team. You may have gained your experience as a construction site manager/engineer, or in an architectural design team, primarily working in the commercial buildings sector. You will now be hoping to secure your next role within a diverse consultancy in which you can continue to develop your knowledge of construction from a new and exciting perspective. Above all you will have a passion for the detailed design and construction of the building envelope.
Based from our Glasgow office and reporting to the Building Sciences team leader you will help develop and deliver our range of design phase consultancy and construction phase compliance/diagnostic services to some of the leading organisations within the UK construction industry.
Building Consultant - Glasgow
The main duties of the role will include:
- Providing advice on the detailed design and construction of the building envelope relating to specification compliance, integrity and thermally efficient performance
- Site based testing of air permeability, acoustic and thermal performance
- Theoretical assessment of envelope thermal performance and condensation risk
- Diagnostic inspection of performance failure of the building envelope and components
- In-situ monitoring and evaluation of environment and component performance
- Training will be provided in the specific roles of the appointment; however, you will possess an extensive knowledge of current construction technology and processes. Literacy of generic IT packages and a willingness to travel across the UK are essential.
Salary and benefits:
- Commensurate with the appointed role and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme including the option to purchase additional holiday, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
RSK Group plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Contact Name||Sarah Murphy|
|Telephone||0117 300 4295|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist