Health & Safety OfficerVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Salary: £ On Application
Job ref. no.: 59/161983
Charles River is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. At Charles River, we take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health. Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
At our world class facility in Elphinstone, Tranent (close to Edinburgh), our Health & Safety Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Health & Safety Officer.
The Health and Safety department encompasses a wide variety of health and safety aspects including COSHH, the use of radio-chemicals and some fairly unique operational process hazards as well as the more standard workplace safety considerations. The Health and Safety department currently provides support across three sites although based within the Elphinstone Research Centre site.
- Provision of support, advice and monitoring of matters relating to Health and Safety to all levels of staff
- Provision of advice in relation to radiation safety
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of NEBOSH Certificate
- Qualifications and sound working experience of COSHH
- A good understanding of general health and safety within the workplace together with some practical experience
- Experience of radiation safety
- Computer literacy is essential (knowledge of MS Office) and you must be capable of working on your own initiative.
- You must be flexible, detail conscious and well organised
Why Charles River?
· Competitive salary.
· Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
· Excellent career development & training opportunities.
· Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
· Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day™, The Charles River Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
· Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
· Subsidised Staffroom.
· Free onsite car parking.
Please apply directly via our website, with a covering letter and CV (to be uploaded as one document). You should quote the relevant reference 59/161983 in your application.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist