Health & Safety Environmental ManagerVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Salary: £35k (depending on experience)
Location: Lanarkshire South
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Health & Safety Environmental Manager
Due to further expansion we are looking for a Health and Safety Environmental Manager to be based out of our head office in the Blantyre area. The office is conveniently situated with excellent motorway access.
Reporting to the Directors the Health and Safety Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining the various Management Systems currently in use within the Company – including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Implementing changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policies
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Maintaining records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for clients
- Current knowledge of legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
- Attending Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and reading professional journals
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
What we would like you to bring:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people whilst conducting presentations to groups
- Negotiation skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
- An investigative mind
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to understand regulations.
Salary c£35k (depending on experience)
Benefits: Car allowance and company pension scheme.
We respectfully request no speculative calls or CV's from agencies please.
Further information: – This is a fantastic opportunity to join this prestigious firm, so if you meet the standards for this role please press the “Apply” button today.
About PMK Civil Engineering Ltd
PMK Civil Engineering Limited hold a number of industry recognised accreditations, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management Systems and in November 2006, became the first Contractor in the UK to be accredited to the Lloyds Register 2nd Tier NERS Management Scheme.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist