Project Engineer (Chemical) 12 Months ContractVacancy posted: Thursday, 5 January 2017
Location: Lanarkshire North
Job ref. no.: DC18871
The main responsibilities of the role include:
1. Formulate, assess and recommend process designs and improvements to improve product and process performance and safety, ensure compliance with all relevant standards and legislation, and justifying the proposals on a financial basis.
2. Help to define, plan, and organise all aspects of a project including financial evaluation, control of budgets and timescales to meet the stated objectives of that project.
3. Assist in the specification of all items of plant equipment required for a project, and be able to offer advice to others on plant selection and specification.
4. Perform commissioning and testing of new plant or systems, assessing their suitability for their stated purpose, and monitoring the performance once the system is live.
5. Plan and implement system and process training, on both new and modified plant.
6. Supervise and control any external contractors that are utilised both on and off site during project life cycles to ensure that they are working to timescales, budgets and design criteria.
7. Responsible for compiling and maintaining the Project File, including Risk assessments, drawings, training, and handover.
The successful candidate will have strong project management and leadership capability, with a highly developed problem solving mindset.
You will be qualified to degree level within Chemical Engineering with strong experience within a process industry. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of the regulations on COSHH, CDM, and the Pressure Equipment Directive.
Interested parties should send their CV and salary requirements to Daniel Cairney of Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (part of Brightwork Ltd).
Brightwork Ltd is an employment agency for candidates seeking temporary work, and an employment business for candidates seeking permanent work.
|Contact Name||Daniel Cairney|
|Telephone||0141 272 8129|
|Contact Instructions||For more information please contact Daniel Cairney Tel :- 0141 272 8129|
About Brightwork Specialist Recruitment
Brightwork Specialist Recruitment (BWSR) was founded in June 2008 to support the existing and growing Brightwork Ltd business to provide a more comprehensive service to clients and candidates across a wide range of industries.
Our expertise lies primarily within the core areas of Supply Chain and Procurement, Logistics, Engineering, Technical, Scientific and Operations Management and all levels of Human Resource Management.
As a 100% employee owned business, we are committed to ensuring optimum service levels to our clients and candidates.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist