Engineering ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 14 September 2016
Salary: £40,000 with a fantastic benefits package
Closing date: 28 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 4201
First UK BUS (Midland Bluebird Ltd), in Scotland East, currently have a vacancy for an Engineering Manager. You’d be responsible for leading the engineering department at Bannockburn depot.
You’ll set the highest standards to achieve the business goals and to be the best, by, continually seeking a better way to do things whilst, always ensuring that the customer is at the heart of everything the business does.
Working as part of the team, you would be responsible for the following duties: -
- Delivering a cost effective servicing, maintenance, repair and presentation of the Company’s vehicles, premises, plant and equipment
- Application of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Effective recruitment, training, development and retention of staff
- Compiling and delivering the annual engineering budget and developing financial plans for future growth
- The successful candidate will be a professional engineer with a solid track record in a progressive, changing and challenging environment. Sector experience is preferred but not essential. You will be required to demonstrate the skills, experience and innovation necessary to meet the ambitions and challenges of business transformation.
- Professional memberships such as SOE, IRTE, MCIT would be preferred.
If you believe you have the experience and behaviours to lead an engineering depot team on their journey of business transformation then we’d love to hear from you.
What will you get in return?
Once you have completed your probation period, First will offer you the following fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - Travel for free on our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts and cashback on over 3,000 goods and services with First Xclusives
- Treat your family & friends - Amazing discounts on First UK Rail and bus travel
- Save as you earn – Use savings you build over three years to buy discounted shares in First. It’s better than keeping it under the mattress!
- Buy as you earn – Buy shares in First and we’ll give you free shares on top!
- Build a pension with First – You will automatically join our pension scheme and start saving for the future
- Free life assurance for pension scheme members –We will provide a tax-free payment for the people who depend on you
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader the expertise the greater our chances of innovation and success. That’s why we’re committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
|Contact Name||Mike Baker|
About First Group Plc
First Bus is one of Britain's largest bus operators. We operate around a fifth of all local bus services outside London.
A fleet of some 6,400 buses carry approximately 1.6 million passengers every single day in a huge number of communities.
From as far North as Aberdeen to as far South as Cornwall, First's buses help our customers access employment, education, retail and leisure. Our buses connect communities and help create vibrant local economies.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at First Bus. We are committed to providing quality bus services that are punctual, reliable and offer good value for money.
The world's leading transport company, we help 2.5 billion passengers every year to get to where they want to go. From our bus and train drivers to our customer service and support teams, we all work as one family to shape the future of travel and provide better journeys for life.Company profile View all jobs with First Group Plc
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist