Site EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Closing date: 29 January 2017
Reporting to the Site Services Manager, the Site Engineer will work within the Facilities team, on the Edinburgh site. You will be required to liaise with all site staff, including corporate staff, scientific, administrative and Facilities staff in carrying out these duties and will need to have a flexible approach to the needs of the site.
The specific responsibilities of this position will be for the general maintenance of plant and equipment as directed, including working with specialist contractors as and when required, within the corporate policies and procedures of CEH.
Key Accountabilities/Primary Responsibilities:
- To supervise and to undertake maintenance repairs, both planned and reactive as required of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure that PPM schedules and asset registers maintained and monitored to ensure full compliance with corporate procedures.
- To maintain and develop site AutoCAD records in accordance with agreed protocol.
- To supervise and to undertake building installations and projects as directed.
- To allocate, monitor the performance of all works undertaken by maintenance engineers and technicians.
- To operate the Building Management System and report periodically on usage, issues and improvements.
- To manage and monitor specialist building, mechanical and electrical contractors and to report to management on areas such as progress, attendance, KPI’s etc.
- To supervise and undertake statutory compliance inspections as required.
- To supervise, make safe and action repairs to Electrical, Heating, Fume Cupboards, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and associated mechanical systems.
- To oversee portable appliance inspection and testing.
- To assist, as required, with others corporate operating policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained and that controls are implemented. To assist with the ordering and supply of materials.
- To ensure that workshop, all equipment and tools are maintained to a high standard.
- Assist in the implementation of defined emergency procedures.
- In conjunction with Facilities Management, to review and develop procedures required to ensure that all processes are safely and efficiently managed and undertaken and provide technical assistance as requested.
- To have a thorough understanding of and to ensure that Health & Safety is monitored for all operations and works.
- Support the implementation and management of the CEH Environmental Management System.
- Membership of site out of hours on call rota and FEAST (Facilities Environmental and Safety Group)
- A degree (2:1) in Mechanical Engineering is desirable
- A relevant Engineering qualification, e.g. HND/HNC or equivalent relevant experience
- Driving licence (and own car) would be desirable
- Technical and operational knowledge of relevant statutory compliance areas (including Asbestos; Legionella; LOLER; PSSR; F-gases; H&S; Environmental)
- Technical and operational knowledge of building and engineering systems and protocols including SFG 20; Asset Management Register; AutoCAD; BMS
- Provides a high quality service or the effective management of a facility
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, communicating with line management when appropriate
- Good reporting skills and effective verbal communication skills
- Line management/supervision/mentoring skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, taking the lead as and when appropriate
This post will close to applications on 29th January 2017 and the interview date will be 9th February 2017. We will require a completed application form and a cover letter indicating why you’re interested in working in this role at CEH.
Eligibility to apply
To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the requirement for a work permit. CEH can only apply for a work permit in cases where there are no suitably qualified or experienced resident workers; otherwise applicants should normally be resident in the UK or a national of the European Union.
|Contact Name||Rebecca Paterson|
|Contact Instructions||Please email email@example.com to confirm your interest in the vacancy and to request an application form which will be emailed to you.|
About Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
CEH is a world-class scientific research organisation focusing on a wide range of topics related to the environment, biodiversity, freshwater and terrestrial ecosystems. These major societal and environmental challenges drive our research. CEH's independent, impartial science underpins UK and international environmental policies and innovation in the commercial sector for sustainable economic growth.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist