Gas Operatives (NC01s)Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: Competitive Salary
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 16173EXT
Paisley Depot (Irvine)
We currently have vacancies for gas operatives (NC01s). Applicants must live in or near Irvine, Scotland.
What does this role focus on?
- Gas service and mains repair activities.
- Undertaking physically demanding work involving excavating and digging in the public/private highways laying and repairing gas pipes.
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team.
- Using computer field systems and achieving high standards of safety and technical competence.
What are we looking for from you?
- A flexible attitude to work, and willingness to take on new skills in order to further your career in the gas industry.
- Communicative and Inter-personal skills, including the ability to converse with members of the public.
- You will be expected to be flexible and to work variable hours participating in the 24 hour standby rota.
- NCO1 accreditation is an advantage but not essential as appropriate training will be provided.
- A full and valid driving licence is essential.
Please note that subject to business requirements we may require you to work a rota that includes between 4 to 6 ‘normal days’ per week covering Mondays to Saturdays (Saturdays being classed as a normal working day); or 4 longer days (up to 11 hours each) per week under a rota covering Mondays to Saturdays. We reserve the right to include Sundays as part of this rota in the future if this becomes a business necessity as a result changes forced upon us by external sources.
What can we offer you?
- Opportunity to join one of the largest gas distribution companies in the UK.
- Excellent benefits scheme including retailer discounts, child care vouchers and salary sacrifice car scheme.
To apply, please download an application form from our website, click Apply Now to view. Completed forms along with a full and recent CV should be emailed (details on form) or returned by post to Human Resources at the address shown on the top of the application form quoting reference number 16173EXT.
Applications must be received by close of play on the 28th October 2016.
SGN is committed to developing an Equal, Diverse and Inclusive culture
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist