Engineering SupervisorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 January 2017
Closing date: 25 January 2017
Are you an Engineering Supervisor or an Engineer with the knowledge and experience to progress yourself in to a Supervisory role; who has the ability to drive the continuous improvement of an established Engineering department?
We are looking to appoint a candidate who can support the Engineering Manager and wider team in achieving all maintenance tasks set and underpinning a fast-paced production process.
Do you have the passion and drive to embed maintenance in to the heart of our business whilst encouraging a progressive and forward-thinking environment? If so, please read on…
The Engineering Supervisor will manage the Engineering Department within W. J. & W. Lang, supporting and deputizing for the Engineering Manager as required and ensuring that the breakdown, project and preventative maintenance is completed in a timely and efficient manner. In this role, you will be expected to raise the profile of the department ensuring that a high-quality maintenance service is provided to the business; and that health and safety and continuous improvement are embedded in the departmental culture. Support and training will be offered to aid your continuous development.
- Organise the daily workload of the maintenance engineers
- Supervise labour providing technical support, assistance and advice as required
- Identify the needs of the team and develop their skills
- Ensure that teams work to safe systems of work and codes of practice
- Participate in the planning and installation of capital plant and relocation of existing major equipment
- Effectively manage and control stock of all spares (including critical spares)
- Carry out design, cost and build work for short term installations
- Control of contractors - issue and organise Permit to Works for contractors
- Identify improvements which can be made and actively work towards making these
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working within an Engineering department is essential
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Organised, logical and methodical in approach to planning of tasks
- Has great attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Results driven
- Supervisory experience would be beneficial
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Distillery Maintenance Support ManagerREL Recruitment, glasgow
- Team Leader Brightwork Specialist Recruitment, glasgow
- Service EngineerRussell Consulting Scotland Ltd., rosyth
- International Installation Technician / Electrical / MechanicalBluetownonline Ltd, glasgow
- Engineering Fitters / LEV EngineerRussell Consulting Scotland Ltd., kilmarnock
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist