Project ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 January 2017
Position: Project Manager
About Caley Ocean Systems
Based in Glasgow, Scotland, and established in 1968, Caley Ocean Systems Ltd has a strong international reputation as a centre of excellence in offshore handling for Offshore, Oceanographic, Marine Science and Naval Emergency vessels.
With an experienced, highly skilled, engineering team and dedicated manufacturing facilities, Caley Ocean Systems’ services include innovative marine handling systems, design consultancy, professional project management and engineering services
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. This is an exciting role where you will be handling multiple projects concurrently with responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Facilitate the definition and develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical compliance with clients and certification bodies.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and report on a regular basis
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- An academic qualification preferred
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Experience in engineering and manufacturing with understanding or hands-on experience in latest manufacturing and welding techniques
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness and budgeting experience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work fairly autonomously
- Calm under pressure
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
|Contact Name||Douglas Morrison|
Watermark Business Park
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist