Quality ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: úDependent On Experience
Location: Lanarkshire North
Closing date: 08 February 2017
Thomson Pettie Group, are one of the UK’s leading engineering subcontractors.
Our flexible processing techniques allow us to handle both large and small metal fabrications with ease and efficiency, fulfilling customer requirements from prototype right through to delivery and providing a turnkey solution for all our clients’ manufacturing needs.
These clients include market leading OEM's in the Bus, Truck, Construction and Material Handing sectors.
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager of Quality Assurance to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers.
You will be responsible for both internal and customer inspection procedures to be carried out by our operators and inspectors. With solid experience in all quality control matters and strong leadership skills, you will ensure that existing long-term relationships with our customers are maintained and that their needs are met quickly and efficiently.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
• Managing and guiding a small team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors
• Devising procedures to inspect and report quality issues
• Monitoring all operations that affect quality
• Ensuring the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
• Appraising customers’ requirements and making sure that they are satisfied
• Reporting any malfunctions to production managers to ensure immediate action
• Collecting and analysing quality data to facilitate proactive solutions
• Reviewing current standards and policies
• Keeping records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
• Ensuring that all legal standards are met
• Communicating with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections
The main requirements for this role are:
• Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
• Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
• Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
• Certification in quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000) etc.
• Solid knowledge of PMFEA, PPAP, APQP and KPI
• Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
• Outstanding communication skills
• Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
• Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
• Clean current driving licence
• Reliable and Trustworthy
Other desirable qualities:
• Experience of industrial paint and powder processes
• Experience with Faro Arm measuring equipment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then please press the “Apply now” button today, with your covering letter stating your current salary and why you would be a good fit for the role.
We respectfully request no speculative calls or CV's from agencies please.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist