Product Development EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 4 October 2016
Salary: ££ Competitive Salary & Benefits Dependent on Qualification and Experience
Location: Ayrshire North
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: Chem 008
Chemring Energetics UK is a global business providing a range of equipment based on energetic materials for defence, civil defence and key commercial customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our High Explosives & Propellants Business Unit for a Temporary Product Development Engineer on a 12 month fixed term contract. The Product Development Engineer will design and develop the appropriate products to meet customer expectations and comply with all relevant specifications and standards. The role will take a holistic approach to product design and development in a mechanical, electrical & chemical engineering environment, taking into account factors such as safety, cost, ease of manufacture and through-life support.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- All activities are undertaken in full compliance with H&SE legislation and Company procedures and policies and to report any unsafe acts or unsafe conditions observed (using the Near Miss system) in accordance with your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Appropriate technical requirements, technical risk registers, technical programmes, and resource plans are prepared in support of bids and PV cases.
- All products are designed to deliver a technically compliant product to cost, on time, and to the correct quality standards.
- All products are designed in compliance with relevant BMS, International and Customer Specifications and Standards.
- Responsible for the creation of all design documentation including specifications, drawings, design calculations, models, technical reports, test and trials procedures and plans, etc.
- The ability to define and deliver the needs to complete a number of concurrent and complex product development projects.
- Application of the appropriate Engineering product development tools and techniques, DFSS, DFM, etc.
- Maintenance of product design history files.
- Support the design and conduct of safe trials and tests.
- The assessment and derivation of design solutions using appropriate modelling and calculations.
- The analysis of technical data and the formation of conclusions and recommendations.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Safe assembly, disassembly and inspection of products in support of trials or investigations.
- Close liaison with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that products are designed for manufacture.
- Understanding of engineering processes, particularly systems engineering, requirements management, validation & verification, product safety and product certification.
- Understanding and application of design software, including drawing and analysis programs.
- Experience of data management within MRP/ERP system.
- Proficient in use of Solidworks
- Engineering design, calculation and analysis.
- Product Development
- Engineering design tools & techniques
- Engineering modelling and analysis
- Project Management
- Extensive experience of mechanical / chemical engineering or chemistry design and problem solving.
- Proven experience and track record of system integration design and development programmes.
- Degree or relevant experience in a related discipline.
- Professional membership of appropriate body.
- A proactive team member who can lead by example.
- A skilled engineer who can anticipate risks and plan to mitigate them.
- An able communicator in verbal, written and presentation forms.
- A logical problem solver who can operate effectively under stretching project constraints.
- Ability to nurture and establish customer relationships.
- Methodical and attention to detail.
- High energy and drive.
- Good decision making skills.
If you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Product Development Engineer then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
***STRICTLY NO AGENCIES***
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Mechanical Design EngineerCaley Ocean Systems Ltd, glasgow
- Marine Design EngineerRed The Consultancy Europe, glasgow
- Structural CAD/ Revit Technician/ EngineerFLN Consulting Engineers, glasgow
- Senior Project ManagerLanarkshire Welding Co, wishaw
- Senior Product Development EngineerClyde Space Ltd, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist