Quality Engineer (Opto-electronics)Vacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Closing date: 21 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 37519
Eden Scott's exclusive client is a young, exciting, Laser manufacturing company headed by a world renowned physicist and industry expert in Photonics.
To answer growing global demand for their innovative and patented products, they now seek to offer unique opportunities to those interested in getting on-board with a flourishing start-up.
As such, Eden Scott's client is now looking to welcome a highly motivated and forward thinking Quality Engineer.
The role of Quality Engineer (Opto-electronics) is within the manufacturing team, and requires contributing to the laser development process from ground up. The role requires team work and cross company communication. The role contributes to all of the company's Laser technology engineering lines and ensures the Quality Checking of the finished products.
- Assembling and setting up of Laser Controller
- Assembling and setting up of electronical parts of Laser Head
- Day to day management of Electronics Assembly area
- Writing and updating manufacturing procedures
- Supporting Optical Assemblies in the Cleanroom
- Setting up and management of testing facility
- Quality Control and Quality Management of products
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in general electronics and mechanics
- Ability to work on electronical assemblies and setting ups without detailed instructions
- Good understanding of optics and laser principles
- Experience of aligning and testing opto-electronic/laser equipment
- Ability to work in laser manufacturing lab without detailed instructions
- Ability to work on your own and as a part of a team
- Ability to set up and document processes and procedures
- Problem solving , strong innovation, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing in order to achieve tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will be educated to a Master's Degree level in Science/Engineering or Bachelor's Degree level in Science/Engineering with 2+ years of experience in laser technology or related fields.
This trully is a rare opportunity to get involved with an early stage company destined to do well. Alongside this you will recieve unrivalled first-hand mentorship from an industry expert & CEO which will accelerate your development and provide you with valuable industry knowledge and insight. The opportunity for quick progression through the ranks is also a clear benefit.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call John Martin on 0131 550 1133.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||John Martin|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist