Junior Laser EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Closing date: 18 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 37414
Eden Scott's exclusive client is a young, exciting, Laser manufacturing company headed by a world renowned physicist and industry expert in Photonics.
To answer growing global demand for their innovative and patented products, they now seek to offer unique opportunities to those interested in getting on-board with a flourishing start-up.
As such, Eden Scott's client is opening its doors to prospective Junior Laser Engineers excited about making their move into industry.
The role of Junior Laser Engineer is to work as a part of the team on the company's Laser technology engineering lines. This role is within the manufacturing team, and requires contributing to the laser manufacturing process from ground up, taking part in building laser assemblies, overseeing laser assembly testing facility, documenting and reporting test results.
- Setting up the test facility
- Overseeing the test facility, documenting and reporting test results
- Preparatory assembly of products, including optic/laser alignment
- Taking part in Laser head assembling
- Laser Controller assembling
- Completing and improving laser production documentation
- Analytical result monitoring
- Following clean room procedures and safety guidelines
- Understanding of optics and laser principles
- Knowledge and experience in general opto-mechanics and electronics
- Experience of aligning and testing opto-electronic/laser equipment
- Ability to work in laser manufacturing lab following instructions
- Ability to work on your own and as a part of a team
- Problem solving
- Innovation, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing in order to achieve tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will be educated to Bachelor's Degree level in Science/Engineering with experience in laser technology or related fields.
This trully is a rare opportunity to get involved with an early stage company destined to do well. Alongside this you will recieve unrivalled first-hand mentorship from an industry expert & CEO which will accelerate your development and provide you with valuable industry knowledge and insight. The opportunity for quick progression through the ranks is also a clear benefit.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call John Martin on 0131 550 1133.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||John Martin|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Test Technician Eden Scott, stirling-(town)
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist