Product Design EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Product Design Engineer – Lighting
Coughtrie International operates, predominantly in the UK, from its operational base in Glasgow, Scotland. Since its inception in 1941, 75 years ago, the company has built an enviable reputation producing luminaires for arduous environments and is proud to boast that Coughtrie luminaires are "British Built to Last".
Since 2009 Coughtrie International has been part of the M2H Group of Companies and has undergone a root and branch transformation of its business whilst retaining the core identity of an established organisation. Today it remains a reassuring presence providing reliability and functionality to an established customer base.
Coughtrie is recruiting across several areas including Design.
If you are a degree qualified product design engineer with the creativity and skills to fulfil the requirements, then we want to hear from you.
Recent graduates welcome, this is certainly a role that can be grown into and can offer excellent long term prospects for the right candidate.
- Product Design Engineer – Role & Responsibilities
- Luminaire Design- all aspects of the product design
- Mechanical design - including die casting, sheet metal, moulding, forming, machining.
- BOMs and Build Instructions
- Prototyping and testing followed by introducing products into manufacturing with associated post-production support activities
- CE Compliance activity (EMC, LVD, etc.)
- Product Design Engineer – Skills & Abilities
- BEng/MEng qualified in Product Design Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience of the full process: design, schematics, BOMs and Build Instructions, prototyping, testing and post-manufacturing support
- Good working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Excellent office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Project based R&D experience an advantage (MS-Project)
In addition, if you have any experience of Lighting design it would be beneficial
|Contact Name||Jayshree Mitchell|
|Address||53 Montrose Avenue
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist