Senior Product Development EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 7 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive + 6% Pension (non-contributory)
An experienced Product Development Engineer is required for a full time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative young companies, a World leader in electronic systems for small and miniature satellites. The company is looking to expand its product development team to meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands. We are looking to recruit a Product Development Engineer who can work within our Operations team to deliver new products from conception through to market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Nanosatellite spacecraft system and subsystem requirement and architecture definition, and system design, ensuring product developments are in line with the business product development strategy.
- Provide engineering leadership to the integrated team to ensure that the design and performance of the product developments meet their specified requirements, including software, subsystem and unit performances.
- Schedule and coordinate delivery of products in line with agreed timelines and budgets.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the product interfaces are consistent with the Payload, System and quality aspects expected.
- Provide technical support and communication to ensure smooth product integration and rollout.
- Supporting platform and lower-level reviews, to ensure company developments are in line with the business product development strategy.
- Minimum BEng or BSc Engineering subject, Physics, Maths, or suitable experience in lieu.
- Previous experience of developing aerospace products through the full Systems Engineering lifecycle, from Concept of Operations to customer acceptance.
- Knowledge and experience of Software and Hardware development processes, project scheduling, team and task management.
- Demonstrable experience in the design and management of at least two of the following and an understanding of the others:
- Networking & Communications
- Near Real-Time Data Processing, dissemination and on board data archiving
- Attitude sensing and control
- RF systems
- EO and M2M systems
- Power generation and control systems
- Ground control systems
- Working knowledge of standard systems engineering processes and standards, e.g. ECSS, INCOSE, and experience of tailoring to meet the business and customer requirements.
- Able to perform effectively under high workloads and be able to adapt to a rapidly-changing time-critical environment.
- Able to commit to the plan, monitor, delegate and deliver the expected results on time, or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen.
- Work in teams and good interpersonal skills to coordinate with team leaders and key stakeholders as well as in cooperation with industry and partner agencies.
- Ability to write technical documentation and training material for end users or other team members.
- Previous experience in a Space Engineering environment.
- Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation of Products.
- Experience in DfM and DfT techniques.
- MATLAB, SolidWorks/CAD, Spice modelling experience.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter quoting SPDE in the subject line of your email.
The Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 requires employers to check documents to establish a person's eligibility to work in the UK and compliance with any restrictions. Under the Act we are required to check your eligibility to work in the UK before you start work. We therefore ask all candidates to bring proof of their right to work to interview and a copy will be taken.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, please note that only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
No Agencies Please
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist