Manufacturing EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Salary: £30 - £40 per annum
Closing date: 03 October 2016
Job ref. no.: J009634
Purpose: The role of the M.E. is to initiate and provide guidance to the design, development, troubleshooting, and optimization of manufacturing and supporting processes, using classical manufacturing engineering skills. An M.E. has a high degree of knowledge and understanding of 1 or more critical manufacturing processes.
Key Job Account-abilities:
1. Able to seek, recognize, define, and solve problems/opportunities within the Factory.
2. Ability to define manufacturing process, including layout and concepts.
3. Demonstrate the ability to review labour quotes versus actual times, and implement process improvements where opportunities arise.
4. Ability to review Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and provide feedback on labour impact of change.
5. Proficient understanding of manufacturing process controls and the statistical applications associated.
Additional Accountabilities & Job Functions:
Order does not imply level of importance to successful job performance
1. Assists with Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRR's).
2. Advanced knowledge of Plexus Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Guidelines.
3. Ability to apply DFM principles to perform analysis of new and existing customer, as well as internal assembly designs, and submit modification recommendations to the appropriate customer.
4. Proactively questions specific technical requests from the customer, ensuring feasibility and ultimate mutual success.
5. Makes recommendations as to what format (e.g. tape-n-reel vs. bulk, etc.) to receive raw material in, to optimize the manufacturing process.
6. Able to determine facility requirements (floor space, utilities, ancillary equipment, etc.) for new processes or equipment, adhering to safety and ergonomic practices.
7. Cognizant to low test yields, and able to determine root causes of manufacturing-related defects.
8. Able to take a supporting role in Process Validation activities, per SOP 37, as required.
9. Participates on customer support teams, representing manufacturing and engineering.
10. Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated <10 %)
11. Additional duties as assigned by management
A minimum of a(n) Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required for this position; a(n) Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred.
Experience of less than 1 year(s) is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 4 or more years is highly desirable.
Ability to identify resources needed to accomplish assignments, and provide a projected timeline.
Helps to expand the knowledge of other team members through training and delegating activities.
Secures relevant information, relates and compares data from different sources before making important decisions.
Draws conclusions from technical experiments, information or data, and uses this to support decisions.
Able to create and adhere to a project plan or timeline, anticipating potential problems and suggesting contingency plan.
Able to generate and/or recognize imaginative solutions and innovations in work-related situations (e.g. recognizes opportunities created by new, evolving technologies).
Demonstrates a proactive approach by identifying applications for ideas in a preventative manner, rather than being reactive to everyday problems that occur.
Able to make effective presentations to peer groups within the department/factory, and demonstrates the ability to tailor presentation information to the audience.
Accepts and acts in accordance to the rules, guidelines, and established norms of the organization.
Takes a proactive approach, anticipating potential problems and implementing preventive measures.
Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Demonstrates an understanding of the inter-relationships and roles, establishing contacts and interacting effectively, with the various departments within the company.
Establishes contacts and interacts effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
Be a Factory Process Owner for one of the core competencies of manufacturing. (e.g. SMT, Wave, Cleaning).
Work with Site Process Engineers, as well as Corporate Process Engineers.
Equipment/Software/Materials or Physical Requirements: (including significant physical restrictions which may or may not be outlined in the physical job requirements)
General office equipment and materials
If this position is one you may be interested in, please contact Robert Gilchrist on 01383 628486 or email . I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in your career development.
|Contact Name||Myles Allan|
|Telephone||01383 628 494|
About Avenue Recruitment
If applying by email please send your CV in Word format.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist