Shore Laminates Ltd manufactures an extensive range of panelling systems, cubicle systems, solid surface and washroom products and is part of a group of companies which currently include, Mermaid Panels Ltd and Thrislington Cubicles Ltd.
As an exceptionally customer focused business, we are proud of our reputation, which is based on quality, trust and service provision. In addition to our manufacturing premises at Friarton, in Perth, we also operate our warehouse and distribution centre, and coatings division from Inveralmond Industrial Estate where we have purpose built facilities.
Our Maintenance Engineer(s) are hands-on and make sure that all our machinery and equipment run smoothly. The role covers all our machinery and equipment on both sites (Friarton & Inveralmond). You could do any job from fixing machinery on the Bonding line to developing process improvements in the Packaging function. You could work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or computerised systems and the work will either be preventative or emergency maintenance.
Key duties include:
- Organising routine servicing schedules
- Allocating work across the Engineers
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Fitting new parts
- Carrying out Quality inspections
- Responding immediately to machinery / equipment breakdowns
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Keeping Production team informed of progress
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Finding and fixing faults
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
- Relevant and up to date qualifications and experience in electrical and mechanical engineering are expected. However, your previous experience will be as relevant as his/her qualifications
- A technical understanding of large woodworking machinery will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of electronics and plc controls is highly desirable
- Experience of solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively
- A track record of delivering agreed objectives within specified timetable.
- Demonstrable understanding of Health & Safety practices
- Highly organised
- Ability to work flexibly and respond to changing priorities
- Experience of forklift driving is highly desirable.
- Resilience under pressure
- Computer literacy (MS word / spreadsheets) is essential
To apply for this post, click on the apply button and/or follow the instructions below.
Applications/CV must be supported by a cover letter which clearly outlines why you think you have right skills, experience and attitude for the job. Please indicate your current salary level.
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Previous candidates need not reapply
Strictly no agencies, canvassing or cold calling
About Shore Laminates
Based in Perth since 1991, Shore Laminates has grown to be one of the market leaders in the country, offering a quality driven service to a large and diverse customer base throughout the UK.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist