Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 11 January 2017
Excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician to join a world leading manufacturer based in the central belt of Scotland. This role will involve supporting the organisation to World Class Manufacturing standards. In return you will be part of a company that is leading the way in its chosen field
This is a fantastic opportunity for a forward thinking professional to be involved in exciting projects and make a difference whilst progressing their career to the highest level in process excellence.
Specifically, the role will involve:
- Drive continuous improvement in products and manufacturing processes
- Establish best practice guidelines in manufacturing processes for products
- Apply knowledge and understanding of small mechanisms to ensure consistent quality of products
- Establish data collation and analysis tools for each manufacturing cell
- Identify opportunity for continuous improvement in yield and capacity.
- Support MRB process ensuring regular analysis and disposition meetings with the relevant engineering and manufacturing team. Track and drive closure of identified issues.
- Coordination with suppliers on all matters relating to mechanical manufacturing and assembly.
- Support goods incoming inspections.
- Assist with shop floor product/equipment issues and drive to root cause.
- Carry out technical testing where required.
- Support the design of jigs/fixtures/tooling with 3D CAD system.
- Train operators on new/changing processes.
- Write/amend work instructions in line with current practice
- Take on facilities management related tasks when required.
- Assist with 5S activities and improvements
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- HNC in relevant engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering
- Enthusiastic, flexible and driven individual
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of working within a lean manufacturing environment & 5S
- Willingness to learn and engage with a range of issues/tasks
Apply today to turn your career in an exciting direction and work with a truly fantastic company who are investing in their people and growing their business.
Job Reference: 22661/ANW
Closing Date: 18 January 2017
|Contact Name||Andrew Wands|
|Telephone||01506 517 244|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist