Engineer Surveyor - Pressure (Edinburgh, Field Based)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £28,000 - £32,500 + company car & benefits
Closing date: 30 November 2016
Role: Engineer Surveyor – Pressure discipline
Location: Field based
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) plus car/car allowance (£3,400) and excellent benefits package
BUILD ON YOUR EXPERIENCE
Tired of working on the tools? Put your experience and qualifications to better use with a prestigious and rewarding inspection role within a global-leading organisation.
You could be working with some of the world’s most recognisable brands, helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance by inspecting pressure equipment to the latest standards.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
To carry out high quality inspections ensuring various pressure equipment is compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements. You will operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards with a clear customer focus and drive to achieve optimal service delivery. You will be working in a busy and varied client facing environment and will be expected to be customer focused and professional at all times.
SERVICE & TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE
- To carry out high quality, consistent and professional inspections, ensuring various pressure equipment is compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements
- To produce and deliver inspection reports using Bureau Veritas’s best in class tools for on-site reporting and immediate client access
- To keep abreast of changes in relevant standards and legislation, acting as an advisor to high-profile clients
- To deliver customer excellence, operating in the professional, friendly and authoritative manner expected of all client-facing Bureau Veritas surveyors
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ATTRIBUTES
Candidate requirements include:
- Minimum NVQ3, HNC, HND or equivalent mechanical engineering qualification
- Minimum three to five years’ relevant industry experience working with pressure vessels, steam pressure equipment, piping, air receivers and heat exchangers etc
- Current UK driving licence
Personal attributes required:
- Proven technical knowledge of pressure equipment
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
PRESTIGE, SUPPORT & REWARDS
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer four years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
To apply for this role send your CV and covering letter by email, stating the role title in the subject line to:
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require the successful pass of a CRB/credit check or attained relevant security clearances.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business. Each employee or prospective employee of the Group must know and apply our Code of Ethics. Please visit the ‘About Us’ section of the website to view our Code of Ethics.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Mechanical Design EngineerCaley Ocean Systems Ltd, glasgow
- Structural CAD/ Revit Technician/ EngineerFLN Consulting Engineers, glasgow
- Trainee Technician Leading Into Project ManagementEPSCO, perth
- Electronics TechnicianD-tacq Solutions, blantyre
- EHS Co-ordinatorEscape, west-lothian
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist