Senior Mechanical Design EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 3157
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
James Gray are actively recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of one of our key clients who are one of the major multi-disciplinary consultancies operating globally, and a market-leader within the UK.
- Are consistently listed as one of the most in-demand employers in the UK across all industries due to their proactive approach to corporate responsibility and the retention and development of employees
- Are very well-established and have been operating in the industry for over 75 years whilst continuing to stick to one of their founding values including placing innovation at the core of what they do.
What you will be doing:
- Lead projects from a Mechanical Design perspective when necessary.
- Attend and take a prominent role in client meetings. Communicate directly with clients when required (either through written means of communication or verbal means of communication). Inform relevant colleagues of any updates with regards to the client.
- Take a lead role in suggesting innovative solutions for design problems and communicate and explain the methodology behind the solution to all relevant colleagues. Help to review and amend designs when necessary.
- Help to delegate work between the other engineers, graduate engineers and technical engineers. Provide them with assistance when necessary and continually ensure that their work meets the required standard.
- Ensure that individual projects will help the company to meet its overall financial objectives whilst also meeting the clients brief.
- Communicate with principal engineers or associate engineers regarding any major decision that is to be made/has been made.
- Prepare technical specifications, assist with designs and write reports.
What you will need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s level degree (BSc or BEng) is essential, and a Masters level degree (Msc or MEng) is desirable. Your engineering specialism must be relevant to Mechanical Design or Building Services Engineering
- It is desirable that applicants are chartered, if not then they should be actively working towards meeting their objectives for becoming chartered.
- A minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience in building services. A range of projects should have been worked on.
- Experience of software packages including, for example, AutoCAD, IES and NES/NBS software. It is also desirable that the candidate has an awareness when it comes to using Revit or BIM.
- Should be able to use their initiative to come up with solutions with limited supervision, and should be confident in the solutions that they present. This should be backed up with a proven ability of achieving results.
- Should have project management experience.
- A willingness to accept some responsibility for the team’s performance and the experience required to manage more junior staff.
- Great organizational and planning skills for scheduling and balancing workload in order to deliver projects on time.
- Very good communication skills (both written and verbal.)
- Should be interested in sustainability, including its impact and implications for Mechanical Design.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary of between £40,000 and £47,000 (depending upon experience.)
- Full benefits package including a competitive holiday package with additional flexible holidays to buy and/or sell.
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Mario Fionda at James Gray Recruitment.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist