Senior Mechanical Design EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 3145
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
James Gray are actively recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of one of our key clients who are one of the major multi-disciplinary consultancies operating globally. Our client is presenting the opportunity to join their team and contribute to the high-standard of their world-renowned brand.
- Is well established and has been operating for over 25 years within the industry
- Has been named as one of the world’s most admired companies
- Serves a wide variety of markets and is offering the chance to be involved in a wide variety of projects as a result including commercial, education and healthcare work
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects from a Mechanical Design perspective when necessary.
- Attend and take a prominent role in client meetings. Communicate directly with clients when required (either through written means of communication or verbal means of communication). Inform relevant colleagues of any updates with regards to the client.
- Take a lead role in suggesting innovative solutions for design problems and communicate and explain the methodology behind the solution to all relevant colleagues. Help to review and amend designs when necessary.
- Help to delegate work between the other engineers, graduate engineers and technical engineers. Provide them with assistance when necessary and continually ensure that their work meets the required standard.
- Ensure that individual projects will help the company to meet its overall financial objectives whilst also meeting the clients brief.
- Communicate with principal engineers or associate engineers regarding any major decision that is to be made/has been made.
- A Bachelor’s level degree (BSc or BEng) is essential, and a Masters level degree (Msc or MEng) is desirable. Your engineering specialism must be relevant to Mechanical Design or Building Services Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in building services. A range of projects should have been worked on.
- Some experience of software packages including Hevacomp and IES is desirable but not essential. Applicants should be confident with checking calculations and reviewing IES but don’t have to be able to use IES itself.
- Should be able to use their initiative to come up with solutions with limited supervision, and should be confident in the solutions that they present. This should be backed up with a proven ability of achieving results.
- Should have project management experience.
- A willingness to accept some responsibility for the team’s performance and the experience required to manage more junior staff.
- Great organizational and planning skills for scheduling and balancing workload in order to deliver projects on time.
- Very good communication skills. Should have a professional manner and be able to undertake a client facing role.
- A competitive salary of between £35,000 and £40,000 (depending upon experience.)
- Full flexible benefits package including, for example, pension, healthcare, cycle to work scheme, option to buy and sell holidays.
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Mario Fionda at James Gray Recruitment.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist