High Voltage (HV) Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: cú50k base salary DOE + 25% annual bonus
Closing date: 19 November 2016
High Voltage (HV) Operations Manager
This is a superb career opportunity to work for one of the largest and most exciting Wind Energy generating companies in the UK.
As the High Voltage Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient control of 20 windfarms operating throughout the UK. Based out of our Edinburgh HQ, your role will be to ensure high voltage operational safety is conducted to the highest standards, liaise with suppliers and third party service providers to ensure HV equipment is appropriately maintained and inspected, and ensure a high level of system availability in accordance with DNO and TNO specifications without compromising operational safety.
The appointed individual will be responsible for a number of key activities, including:
- Accountability for HV Safety across the portfolio
- Management, implementation and control of HV Safety Rules
- Development of processes and procedures to support the HV Safety Rules and roll out across the company as necessary
- Planning and implementation of training programmes for Senior Authorised Person (SAP) and Appointed Person (AP) status under the HV Safety Rules
- Implementation of maintenance programmes for HV infrastructure and plant including planning, contracting and verifying maintenance activities
- Providing support to the regional Asset Management teams on site as required
- Leading Internal audits of SAP activities, switching plans and permits
- Managing HV configuration controls
- Main point of contact for any TNO and DNO grid code compliance issues
- Reviewing ENA NEDeRs reports and implementing recommendations
- Management of protection relays and associated settings to ensure continued safe site operation in line with relevant industry standards and grid connection agreements
- Providing expertise into the change control process representing HV operational safety
- Identifying and building cases for projects aimed at improving safety or portfolio performance
- Management of the HV spares strategy across the portfolio
- Leading Root Cause Analysis investigations into plant failures
With a background in High Voltage permitting and operations and authorised to Senior Authorised Person, you will be a highly motivated team player, who is dedicated and flexible enough to ensure a first class operational service. Together with excellent communications skills, and an affinity for detail, you will hold an electrical engineering qualification to degree level, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating at SAP level within a utility or HV services provider. In addition, you will possess good knowledge of HV protection relays and associated interface software (particularly Schneider and ABB), along with knowledge of 33kV GIS and AIS Switchgear (Schnieder, Ormazabal, ABB, Siemens). Wind farm HV operations or Installation experience along with relevant health and safety training is preferable but not essential.
Subject to experience, c£50k base salary
25% annual bonus
For more information, or to apply, please send your curriculum vitae to our retained consultant David Fahey at df @ faheyhcr . com
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Lead EngineerTrig Avionics , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist