Project Planner (Marine Engineering)Vacancy posted: Monday, 9 January 2017
Salary: úCompetitive salary and benefits package
Job ref. no.: 3439
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Planner to join a dynamic, growing marine engineering client on the West Coast of Scotland. We are looking for a passionate, pro-active team player with an excellent communication skill set capable of playing an integral part in driving this business forward.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
Working as part of the Bid Team, you will be responsible for the development, integration and control of the project schedule and WBS for each contract. For all new bids you will carry out capacity planning developing S-Curves and histograms for all trade disciplines. Knowledge of all constructive trades and previous planning experience within the shipbuilding industry is important. You will liaise with technical, quality, production and procurement departments to ensure schedule requirements and constraints are understood and logic is correct.
You will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of success across similar projects and demonstrate expertise in structured planning within a fast paced role.
Understanding of modern planning techniques and experience in using a recognised project management tool such as Microsoft Project - Primavera experience highly desirable.
- In this crucial role, you will create the initial baseline plan during tender stage and turn this into a fully resourced project plan at tender award.
- Throughout the execution phase you will monitor, analyse and report on all project schedules, enabling the project manager to deliver robust and timely decision making.
- You will demonstrate how the project progresses and have a full understanding of the customer’s expectations and milestones.
- You will maintain and update the production schedule to properly reflect progress, contract work scope changes and impacting issues.
- This role is central to delivering projects on time.
Competitive salary and benefits package
About Red The Consultancy Europe
Red was founded in response to a need in the market - the need for a consultancy in the recruitment industry that would prioritise customer service, putting in the extra time and care to find the most suitable candidates available.
From the beginning, we have taken a personal, specialist approach to recruitment, working in partnership with our clients and candidates to deliver the highest quality talent acquisition.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist