Senior Product ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Skyscanner is on this planet to help people get around it
- We deliver very fast and we’re never afraid of trying new things
- We give our teams a lot of ownership and independence
- You can make a lot of impact, as your products will be used by millions of users across the globe every day
- You’ll be working with lots of smart, passionate and creative people in order to crack hard problems
- Travel is a very exciting, very fun subject that users intensely care about
As a Product Manager at Skyscanner you’ll be at the very heart of driving our growth – consistently exceeding expectations of users and the business while keeping ahead of the competition. Involved in the planning stages of the projects and programmes with overall responsibility for every product and feature your squad(s) develop, through reviewing actions and amending plans when required. There are huge opportunities waiting for you here.
We’re looking for high impact Product Managers who have delivered significant, even game-changing success in their career – improving product performance; identifying and launching new features; challenging themselves and others to raise their game.
Naturally data driven, you’ll nevertheless quickly cut through the complex mass of data to identify impactful opportunities and simple solutions. You act quickly and decisively to act on these insights preparing and communicating the ‘why’, ‘what’, ‘when’ and ‘how’ to colleagues in a manner which truly engages and motivates. Assist in coordinating and overseeing the implementation of the projects and programmes related to the products and features. Above all you are user obsessed knowing their pain points and needs all the while continually considering how you can exceed their expectations from Skyscanner.
What you need to apply and what you will be doing:
- You love products, you’re great with data, you’re a people person, you’ve made impact
- The ability to work closely with Senior Management to establish and clarify aims, objectives and requirements for the project or programme of each product or feature.
- A proven track record of success as a Product Manager (or equivalent) in a highly scalable B2C consumer facing internet economy business
- Experience driving large, complex product initiatives to successful completion, resulting in significant business impact through continuous monitoring of the progress including timescale and quality.
- A results focused approach, combined with a broad skillset including A/B Testing; User Testing; Analytics; UI; Market Research; Competitor Analysis; Defining Metrics
- Clarity – you make complex things simple to understand with the ability to report on the projects or programmes to Senior Management and other areas of the business
- Pace – you get things done quickly
- Leadership – collaborative and highly respected your team will go the extra mile for you but also know they will be heard
We can offer you:
We believe that we have one of the best environments in Europe for great Product Managers:
- Huge potential to impact across our business, people, partners and of course millions of users globally
- Ownership – the freedom and space to be trusted to do what you do best and to get things done – quickly
- A real opportunity to explore, plan, experiment and review – developing new & improving current product features through projects and programmes.
- An excellent career move – complexity, challenge and real variety collaborating with smart, passionate and creative people
Please note the closing date for this job opening is 28.10.2016
|Contact Name||Lorraine Rew|
|Telephone||0131 252 5788|
15 Lauriston Place
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Customer Assistant - Part Time - Port Glasgow - ScotlandLIDL UK, port-glasgow
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist