Quality Engineer (MTO)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Due to expansion we have created a new role within our Quality Team. This position will be responsible for assisting with the management, control and improvement of all aspects of the pre-terminated cable assembly manufacturing area to ensure that all products meet customer specification/expectation requirements with minimal variability to product quality.
- Management of all aspects of copper and fibre termination assembly and finished product quality assurance in order to minimise the occurrence of defective products.
- Responsible for ensuring all assembly, test/inspection (e.g. polishing, cleaning techniques, visual inspection, electrical performance) processes and procedures are carried out to the required frequency and standard.
- Develop, maintain and revise processes and procedures to ensure an effective quality is in place for existing products and new product introductions, including training of operatives.
- Develop, maintain and revise appropriate Quality Assurance plans (QAP) and Quality Assurance Test Plans (QATP).
- Provide technical expertise in simple/complex root cause analysis and development of preventative and corrective actions to quality problems.
- Review non-conforming product including customer complaints resolving issues using root cause analysis techniques such as 5Y/8D methodologies, leading investigative teams as appropriate.
- Ability to read and interpret piece part and assembly drawings and specifications.
- Perform incoming goods inspection, in process and system audits of the manufacturing areas as required.
- Manage and improve effective systems to control and interpret the quality performance data including Kpi management and generate reports summarising test results and trend analysis of data.
- Work with Q-Pulse quality system management and assist in the implementation, refinement, improvement and training of all aspects associated with the system.
- Support other quality projects/initiatives as deemed appropriate to the business.
- Support new pre-terminated product development and innovation projects (NPD / NPI) in relation to quality aspects.
Brand-Rex is committed to setting the highest possible standards for all employees particularly in employee health and safety and environmental stewardship and business ethics therefore we expect all employees to work with us to achieve our goals. The protection of people and our natural environment and our business reputation is paramount in all our activities and employees must ensure that they act in a manner which ensures the safety and welfare of themselves and others and does not compromise our business practices.
Are you educated to HNC/HND level in Quality/Engineering with 3-5 years manufacturing experience within the Electronic Sector? Do you have 5Y/8D experience with knowledge of ISO9001 standard and LEAN/Six Sigma processes? If so, please submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits package.
Viewfield Industrial Estate
Brand-Rex is a leading global supplier of structured cabling systems for data networks, and is a niche supplier of high performance cables for extreme environment applications.
Brand-Rex is committed to providing its employees with an environment in which they can grow. We look for individuals with energy, ability and commitment and empower them with the tools they need to fulfil their personal and professional goals, whilst striving to attain the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist