Senior Structural EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Salary: up to £55,000 depending on experience.
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Atlantis Resources is an AIM listed group leading the development of tidal power generation. Our project development team are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to be based at our headquarters in Edinburgh.
We are seeking a highly motivated, competent and experienced structural engineer, ideally with project engineering experience, to assist in the successful and timely delivery of projects; taking them through to financial close. You will have a strong knowledge of key project drivers and success criteria, ideally in the tidal or wind industries. You will also have experience in the design of offshore and subsea structures. Some experience in the development and modelling of CAPEX and OPEX scenarios to identify cost reductions and LCOE would be beneficial.
It is expected you will have a degree in an engineering discipline (ideally civil, structural or marine) and be Chartered Engineer status or have enough experience to become chartered in the near future. You will also enjoy solving the complex engineering and cost reduction challenges of project development and have a real focus on the detail.
- Technical specialist on offshore structural elements, coordinate design activities to develop the best technical and commercial solutions for future projects to the point of financial close
- Drafting all technical documentation and design basis
- Reviewing and approving design and fabrication documentation received from contractors
- Act as “package manager” for offshore structural design tenders and contracts
- Maintain a market understanding of support mechanisms in order to develop application models and strategies
- Procure, manage and review contractor tenders
- Project interface management, stakeholder and supply chain liaison
It is essential you have:
- Exceptional technical capabilities and a keen interest in structural engineering design challenges
- Good financial acumen, with contract and commercial awareness and understanding of project finance, in particular project pricing
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of contract management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain professional supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Good spoken and written English
- The ability to work as part of a team and organise own workload to meet deadlines
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- The maturity to work proactively with minimal guidance
- A willingness to travel frequently within the UK and Ireland
About Atlantis Resources Ltd
Atlantis Resources is an AIM listed group with headquarters in Edinburgh. We develop, construct and operate tidal power projects across the globe and develop and supply tidal power generation and associated equipment. Atlantis is currently driving forward an ambitious program to build out a substantial pipeline of consented projects.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist