Structural EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Closing date: 01 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 3068
James Gray are currently recruiting for Structural Engineer on behalf of one of our clients who are an an established civil and structural design consultancy with experience across the full project life cycle of building structures.
- Is one of the leading engineering design consultancies, and is known for working on one off buildings where they focus on delivering complex design solutions to both new build and refurbishment projects.
- Is an exceptional employer who fund further education as well as investing in the industry’s leading software and training for their staff.
What you will be doing:
- Complete thorough and accurate design activities, including calculations specifications and technical drawings, whilst ensuring that the design meets the agreed criteria. Communicate with senior staff to guarantee that work meets both the clients brief and the company’s objectives.
- Ensure that the methods used are appropriate to the client and the project, and that the company’s procedures and protocols are in keeping with the law and rules according to any relevant body.
- Plan and adhere to work schedules, making sure that work is carried out on time and within budget.
- Along with your senior colleagues attend and contribute to client meetings. Inform relevant colleagues of any updates with regards to the client.
What you will need to be successful:
- Should have a minimum of a Master’s Level degree (MEng) in Structural Engineering or similar.
- A genuine enthusiasm for engineering and the physical impact that it can have.
- Strong technical skills gained over a minimum of 18 months- 5 years of Post Graduate Experience. The candidate should be able to think innovatively and adapt their problem solving approach according to the issue that they are presented with. The solutions they present should be achievable and realistic.
- Strong teamwork, communication and time management skills.
- Should be ambitious and interested in their personal development.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary of around £25,000- £33,000 plus benefits.
- Excellent Holiday entitlement which increases yearly
- Fantastic graduate programme ensuring you gain IStructE status
- Excellent Pension
- Flexible working arrangements available
- The chance to work on challenging and interesting projects with a company who will actively support any engineer wishing to become chartered.
What you will need to do next:
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Mario Fionda at James Gray Recruitment. To hear more about this or other opportunities please contact Mario.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist