Chartered Structural EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Senior Structural Engineer - Glasgow - Permanent - Chartered Engineer required.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Structural Engineer for a permanent role to be based at their offices in the Glasgow area. Candidates are expected to hold Chartered Engineer status.
- Undertake structural design work taking into account the full life-cycle of the package, in order to provide structural design input at both tender and project stage to support the company requirements.
- Develop a suitable level of experience, ability and understanding in order to manage own workload throughout a project and successfully meet structural demands/deadlines as required.
- Carry out own and assist others with design work primarily for steel structures and including a combination of calculations and software-based analysis for both local and global design.
- Work with and support the structural drawing office, ensuring all structural engineering is consistent with drawing office output, including checking/approving of structural drawings.
- Develop material take-off reports for structural materials and control changes to structural material quantities and weights throughout tender and project stage.
- Develop structural design reports and calculations and respond to comments in order to gain approval by client/certifying authority.
- Review structural specifications and implement requirements to structural design at tender and project stage.
- Assist site construction team and fabricator by advising on structural issues and responding to queries
MEng / BEng (or equivalent) in civil/structural engineering or related discipline
Graduate Member of Institution of Civil Engineers (or equivalent)
Chartered Member of Institution of Civil Engineers (or equivalent)
Structural design and analysis of steel structures
Understanding of standard steel design codes
Experience of relevant offshore design codes/specifications
Excellent maths / numeracy ability;
Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Experience using analysis software packages;
Experience using CAD packages
Demonstrable knowledge of offshore structural analysis using STAAD Pro or SACs.
Personal qualities/innate abilities
Motivated and capable of using initiative
Able to work alone or as part of a team
Understanding of costs/budgets
Interested in a progressive career in engineering/design
Strong customer/client focus
About NES Global Talent
NES Global Talent know how important people are to a business. We understand what needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe, whether it be permanent or contract solutions.
Having supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years we are incredibly proud of our reputation and are ideally placed to support the needs of our clients.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist