Transport Modeller / Senior ModellerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £25000 - £42000 per annum
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 14709
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy and they have undergone rapid growth in the Scottish market in recent years. They are currently seeking a Transport Modeller to join their teams in Glasgow or Edinburgh and assist with a diverse array of prestigious local and national transport projects.
The successful candidate will have experience in transport modelling and have the opportunity to develop their skills in areas such as strategic modelling, microsimulation modelling, major scheme appraisal, transport economics and transport strategy.
- Assist with modelling projects from receiving project briefs, through data analysis and model development, to report production
- Provide economic analysis for business cases to support transport investment decisions
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief
- Plan and supervise traffic surveys
- Undertake data analysis for large datasets
- Liaise with clients and attend project progress meetings.
- Prepare detailed client briefs or fee proposals for manager approval and assist in the preparation of major bids
- BSc/ BEng/ MEng degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant numerate subject
- Demonstrable experience in transport modelling or appraisal within a similar consultancy environment
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following modelling packages is desirable (e.g. VISSIM/VISUM, CUBE/VOYAGER, CUBE/TRIPS, SATURN, TUBA or S-Paramics)
- Experience of traffic signal operation would be advantageous (e.g. LinSig/ TRANSYT)
- Experience of GIS, SPS and/or SQL is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client offers a competitive package which includes a pension and life assurance scheme and the opportunity to participate in a flexible benefits programme which offers up to 28 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits. You will also have the opportunity to work on an interesting and diverse portfolio of projects, with prospects for future overseas work.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit
|Contact Name||Gavin Mack|
About Mattinson Partnership Ltd.
Mattinson Partnership is one of the UK's leading recruiters for environment, transport and civil engineering jobs. Now in our 10th successful year, we have grown to become one of the most highly respected recruitment consultancies providing services across the UK and globally. We have built our reputation by delivering the highest levels of service and try to make the challenging process of recruiting staff as enjoyable as possible.
In October 2012, we set up a dedicated office in Central Glasgow to better serve our clients north of the border.
Our specialist sectors include; transport, environment, planning, civil engineering, sustainability, building services & energy.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist