Surveyor- Asset Criticality Profiling (Water/WW Infrastructure)Vacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Closing date: 26 September 2016
Job ref. no.: KM - 37358
Eden Scott's Client, a leading UK Utilities company, is currently looking to recruit a Surveyor (Asset Criticality Profiling) for a lengthy 1 -2 Year Contract, with the likelihood of extension past this for the right candidate.
The role will be primarily based in our Client's Glasgow offices, however some site visits in and around the Central Belt will be required so a full UK Driver's licence is essential.
The successful candidate will join our client's Water Service Strategy Team and will support the delivery of one of our client's high profile projects. The outcome of these hopes to produce a full set of Asset Risk profiles for our client's Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Assets across Scotland. These profiles will generate pipeline management plans to help prioritise potential required Capital and Operational Maintenance Works as well as Risk Mitigation and Performance Enhancement Interventions.
Key Duties will include:
- Assisting the Senior Surveyor with the development, implementation and maintenance of field survey work including:
- liaising with external contractors to outline scope
- producing planning H&S and guidance documents
- Under taking field surveys by analysing and capturing key aspects of asset data by using a range of devices such as GIS, LDM, Photographs and GPS packages - from this assessing key aspects of asset criticality.
- Planning and scheduling field activities for the wider team, with some time spent mentoring/supervising the project technicians assigned to the project
- Liaising with key project stakeholders including landowners, project team and water operations response units.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience of site based water/construction/civil engineering roles within Scotland. They will be IT literate with extensive knowledge of MS Office software as well as basic GIS skills. Candidates should possess excellent stakeholder management and project planning skills along with experience of risk assessment and method statement writing.
Candidates should note they will be expected to work between our client's sites, occasionally within an outdoor environment, as such a full UK Driver's licence is essential. As the team covers the full of Scotland there may be occasional trips out with Glasgow where overnight stay away from home may be expected.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Kirsty McKay on 0131 550 1126.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||Kirsty McKay|
|Telephone||0131 550 1126|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist