Flood Risk Hydrologist / EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £25000 - £40000 per annum
Closing date: 02 November 2016
Job ref. no.: 15132
We currently have an urgent requirement for an experienced Flood Risk Hydrologist or Engineer to join the Perth office of successful multidisciplinary consultancy with offices across the UK. You will have the opportunity to assist in a wide range of projects spanning hydrology, flood risk, hydraulic modelling and drainage.
Our client will support candidates towards their Chartership so this is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual with some consultancy experience to progress their career within a very highly regarded firm.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and drainage strategies for a wide range of development infrastructure proposals across both the public and private sectors
- Undertake hydraulic flood modelling and hydrological modelling to support flood risk studies
- Preparation of drainage impact assessments and flood risk studies
- Undertake and coordinate field surveys and topographic surveys
- Project management, report preparation and business development
- Liaison with clients, colleagues and regulators
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject area (e.g. Hydrology, Civil Engineering etc)
- Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM)
- Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g Microdrainage, ISIS TuFLOW and Flood Modeller Pro)
- Knowledge of FEH in hydrological assessments
- Experience in developing drainage strategies and designs for approval and adoption
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and design standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack
|Contact Name||Gavin Mack|
About Mattinson Partnership Ltd.
Mattinson Partnership is one of the UK's leading recruiters for environment, transport and civil engineering jobs. Now in our 10th successful year, we have grown to become one of the most highly respected recruitment consultancies providing services across the UK and globally. We have built our reputation by delivering the highest levels of service and try to make the challenging process of recruiting staff as enjoyable as possible.
In October 2012, we set up a dedicated office in Central Glasgow to better serve our clients north of the border.
Our specialist sectors include; transport, environment, planning, civil engineering, sustainability, building services & energy.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist