EMEA Project Manager – Shared Services OCRVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £ Competitive with corporate benefits
POSITION TITLE: Project Manager, Shared Services
REPORTING TO: Manager, Shared Services
LOCATION: Dundee, Scotland
The Project Manager, Shared Services will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to their plans.
The Project Manager, Shared Services will define project objectives, as well as create and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Initial focus for this role over the next year will be on the implementation of an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software Lexmark to automate Accounts Payable processing.
This role will work closely with the Dover Business Services - Shared Services organization and the Finance, HR and IT Shared Services Management Teams. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Run project to deploy Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software Lexmark to automate key portions of Dover Accounts Payable process.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders and Shared Services leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with project team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop communication and change management plans
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or related field of study)
- Familiarity with Finance, HR and IT practices and methodologies.
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience in medium to large scale project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution (preferably in manufacturing industry).
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of Finance, HR and IT services and the relationship to business needs.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management and cross-functional team leadership; ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Experience working with remote (globally located) resources.
- Results driven, has a sense of urgency. Holds those responsible for tasks accountable for work product completion.
- Builds and manages relationships internally and externally.
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Is optimistic with a can-do attitude.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Is honest, genuine and transparent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, understands customers and develops meaningful and strategic partnerships.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Accounts Payable process improvement and OCR implementation experience
- PMP Certification
Dover Business Services (DBS) is an independent business to business service provider within Dover Corporation, a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $7.5 billion. DBS is accountable for delivering selected transactional services in Finance, IT and HR to the entire organization. With locations in Hamilton, Ohio, Dundee, Scotland and Suzhou, China, DBS centers operate across the globe to maximize service to our operating companies (OpCos), meeting all country specific requirements.
Dover Corporation deliver’s innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for nearly 60 years, our team of over 27,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what’s possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under “DOV.”
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Project Manager/CoordinatorHarvey Nash, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist