Regional Sales Manager B2BVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Closing date: 10 November 2016
Responsible for managing, supervising and directing Merchant Services activities for multiple cities within a designated Region, including managing a group of Merchant Sales Consultants within that Region, development of the Merchant Services business relationships, retention, developing and generating referrals through sales channels, advising senior management members in the region of Merchant Services performance, opportunities and issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Manage a team of Merchant Sales Consultants in multiple cities for the purpose of selling electronic payment processing solutions to existing commercial clients and prospects, growing revenue in the assigned Region, and retaining existing Merchant Services clients.
2. Manage human resources within the designated district, including hiring, training, coaching, salary administration, performance measurement, promotions and terminations. Recommend staffing levels to achieve assigned objectives.
3. Prepare a business and marketing plan for the Region and lead the effort to achieve all plan goals.
4. Allocate Merchant Sales Consultants to territories; set sales goals and marketing priorities.
5. Act as a senior advisor to Regional agents, regional senior leadership teams and relationship managers in the assigned regions for Merchant Services sales efforts, staffing, marketing and service issues, including pricing and exception processing.
6. Provide senior leadership presence for large corporate clients related to business development efforts and ongoing relationship management.
7. Analyse regional performance in Merchant Services related to new production, referrals, and profit plan variances, and recommend performance improvement strategies to the Regional Director.
.8. Attend regional senior leadership meetings for the regions in the designated district to provide performance, marketing, operational and service updates, and to facilitate referrals for Merchant Services.
9. Consult with the Merchant Services Sales Director, Product Managers, Sales Support Manager, Operations Manager, and Client Services Manager on recommendations for new or enhanced products/services, client issues, system problems and service delivery issues.
10. Act as primary Merchant Services representative to merged partners in the designated Regions and their clients for the purposes of facilitating the conversion and sales efforts.
11. Serve as a member of the Merchant Services Sales and Support Leadership Team in setting strategy and developing policies and plans for Merchant Services.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Marketing, or equivalent education and related training
2. 5 years of Merchant Services sales experience
3. 10 years of sales management experience
4. Accomplished interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
5. Excellent time management and organizational skills
6. Strong technical comprehension skills
7. Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products. CRM reporting and training.
9. Ability to travel, occasionally
1. Master’s degree in Business Management, Finance, or Marketing
2. Leadership Development Program graduate
3. Sales training or equivalent
4. Direct experience working with a third-party credit card processing company
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist