Contracts ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 910484
910484 - Contracts Manager
Our client is the UK's leading Engineering Support Services company employing over 27,000 people worldwide operating in the Defence, Mining & Construction, Rail, Nuclear, Energy, Property Management and Education & Training sectors.
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Contracts Manager, based in Rosyth, UK.
Reports to the Commercial Director and has responsibility for the Supply Chain deliverables to the Head of Supply Chain. The Contracts Manager will have overall accountability for the Client and Major Subcontracts operating at a Senior Level providing expert assistance to the Commercial Director, Head of Supply Chain and Head of Bids and proposals at both business winning and negotiation phases.
- Establishing Project and Business Unit requirements driven by the future bid pipeline
- Captures specific contracting requirements and builds into supply chain requirements for business winning ITT packages.
- Development of the project requirements at a business winning stage to maximise performance by passing risk, developing risk mitigation and pricing strategies including foreign currency impact assessment
- Effective incorporation of Group and Divisional approval process
- Development of a measurement system for key activities and measuring performance
- Assisting in the management and sourcing and tendering processes for Major Subcontract Packages in accordance with agreed project deliverables whilst supporting professional ITT processes for the site.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions, contractual risk is minimised and bargaining power across the projects and site is maximised
- Ownership and development of all flow down activity including processes and procedures.
- Leading a team of Commercial / Contracts people with responsibility for their performance and professional development
- Supporting the development of Supply Chain personnel as agreed with Head of Supply Chain
Key Skills and Experience
- Equivalent through work experience or Qualified to degree level in either Law or Quantity Surveying
- Experienced Contracts Engineer or equivalent with a background in major construction/fabrication projects
- Demonstrable successful negotiations
- Expert understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to draft qualifications to client contracts and draft subcontract terms.
- Extensive experience of standard form contracts i.e FIDIC, NEC3, LOGIC and BIMCO.
- Ability to negotiate with both Clients and Sub-Contractors adapting style to environment deploying a collaborative approach
- Ability to identify risk and consider effective mitigation strategies
- Able to work in cross functional teams and manage senior stakeholders in an operational environment
- Microsoft office suite
This is a 12 month contract initially with a view to permanent.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910484.
|Contact Name||Susan Ferguson|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Portfolio ManagerRaytheon, glenrothes
- QC Inspector / QHSE Coordinator / Production Planner Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd, aberdeen
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist