Disclosures AccountantVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive salary and benefits package
Job ref. no.: 3443
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is currently looking for a Disclosures Accountant to join their Global Disclosure Standards and Control team. The team are responsible for the preparation of financial disclosures in accordance with multiple accounting frameworks (US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP,) as well as preparation of components of Financial Regulatory Reporting.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an Investment Bank with a world-class reputation for quality and service. The talent and passion of its people has been critical to its ongoing success. The company provides a strong foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow, sharing a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Hold a professional accounting qualification and have substantial post-qualifying experience in a related field
- Previous experience within the financial services industry, including experience of financial reporting preparation and review
- Confident and adaptable
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team worker
- Organised with solid analytical skills
- Strong track record of managing direct reports in a complex production process delivering against tight deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage workload effectively, appropriately balancing multiple priorities
- Strong controls background, able to problem solve and make process improvements
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders
- Risk focused with a high regard for attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Financial reporting experience of at least one of the following disclosures in accordance with IFRS or US GAAP: Derivatives, Fair Value, Collateral, Variable Interest/Structured Entities, Other Secured Financing, Offsetting, Commitments and Guarantees
- Systems experience of the following tools is preferable: Omega/SAP GL, Controller Workbench/TAPS EUR, Iceview, ROAR, RACE and REGAL
Senior Manager required to join a growing team in Glasgow. The Disclosures Accountant will lead a reporting team whose primary function is to deliver high-quality financial reporting for Regulators.
- Leading the quarterly and semi-annual production of certain of the Firm’s US GAAP and local IFRS disclosures
- Managing a high performing team
- Ensuring resolution of review questions raised on disclosures prepared by your team
- Review and present management information as necessary as part of the sign-off workflow
- Contribute to the design of management information to enhance the sign-off workflow
- Timely issue resolution and escalation of issues as they arise
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Challenge and enhance procedures, ensuring key controls are in place
- Represent the organization with external parties including auditors and regulators, ensuring all compliance and agreed deadlines are adhered to
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Competitive salary and benefits package
About Red The Consultancy Europe
Red was founded in response to a need in the market - the need for a consultancy in the recruitment industry that would prioritise customer service, putting in the extra time and care to find the most suitable candidates available.
From the beginning, we have taken a personal, specialist approach to recruitment, working in partnership with our clients and candidates to deliver the highest quality talent acquisition.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist