Financial Modelling And Analytics ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £45-50k + an excellent benefits package which may be taken as cash
Job ref. no.: UK750091
Hudson have been engaged to identify a driven and self motivated SAS modelling expert who can demonstrate complex modelling skills. The role is with a UK bank and individuals from other industry sectors will be considered as long as there is cashflow/profitability modelling from a finance or risk and analytics background.
Profitability drives the decision making of this bank division. The Financial Modelling & Analytics team own the models that calculate product profitability and are therefore vital to increasing our understanding of profit drivers and what opportunities exist to improve profitability.
You will need to be capable of working on different products and systems as our team has a remit across the whole range of Retail products. As a result you will be required to develop one of our financial models using SAS. Alternatively you might be asked to use a combination of detailed data analysis and manipulation of our model input/outputs to support a product proposition, business case or change to one of our distribution channels.
Your key stakeholders will be: Head of Financial Modelling & Analytics, Senior Business Partners, Decision Support Team Managers, Products & Marketing, Customer Analytics, Retail Credit Risk and Treasury
Responsibilities and outputs:
- To use and demonstrate the value of predictive financial modelling to drive sustainable benefits in a number of business decisions including product pricing, credit score cut-off, budgeting, stress testing, investment appraisals and setting risk appetite
- Proactively analyse model output and draw insights that can be delivered to senior team members and business customers in a way that simplifies analysis into commercial suggestions
- Continuously improve modelling techniques and capabilities that enhance predictive accuracy of outputs and drive business insight
- Support the design, development and implementation of financial models for divisional Finance
- To ensure that a culture of standards, governance and control is embedded across the model suite and appropriate documentation is maintained
- Provide ongoing monitoring support to identify changes to key drivers of portfolios and develop early warning measures of changing behaviours
- Support team development in commercial knowledge, modelling and data analysis tools
- Engage with customers to understand priorities and proactively provide insight where appropriate
- Complies with relevant Group Policies, considers and escalates the adequacy and effectiveness of their controls on a regular basis.
- Follows and/or maintains / establishes and documents operating procedures which include relevant controls to meet Group and local policy requirements
- A high level of drive, energy and personal commitment to success with a proven track record of delivering by own initiative
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical colleagues
- Ensure businesses operate within requirements of Group Policy Framework
- Experience in successfully influencing stakeholders
- Qualified to degree level in a numerate discipline
- Analytical, enquiring mind with a logical approach to problem solving
- Experience of using and developing statistical / mathematical or similar models
- Experience of large data set analysis and manipulation ideally using Enterprise Guide and SAS programming.
- Previous use of Athena and other core data systems that support the division would be advantageous.
- Practical experience of model development and validation
- Ability to use knowledge of technology / analytics from different disciplines to provide creative and innovative suggestions to the team, as well as stakeholders
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Lucy Edgar in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Lucy Edgar|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 131 555 9851|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist