Senior Analysts, Modelling & MonitoringVacancy posted: Thursday, 20 October 2016
Salary: £competetive - up to £36,000 basic + excellent benefits
Job ref. no.: UK749784
Hudson are working closely with an instantly recognisible banking brand who are looking to strengthen their offering within their decision science, model monitoring area. The purpose of the role is to be part of a team of analysts who develop, validate and monitor operational and capital credit risk models across a range of portfolios.
- Provide a range of information, interpretation and guidance, which enables business areas to assess the downstream implications linked to their decisions.
- Support delivery of agreed change projects to achieve continuous improvement.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of assigned team members, ensuring their individual and collective performance meet the required standard, contributing to their development and providing ongoing support.
- Develop and validates application, behavioural, capital , fraud and collections models.
- Provide line manager with detailed, accurate information relating to model performance.
- Ensure the business meets regulatory requirements in relation to maintaining IRB status.
- Delivers analysis/reviews on individual assignments or well-defined tasks on larger Risk projects to support the business.
- Investigates industry best practice as directed and advises senior colleagues of possible implications for risk management processes in the business.
- Use tools such as SAS, SQL and Excel at an advanced level to manipulate and analyse data
- Analyses and evaluates a range of information to produce insightful analysis, recommendations and advice to influence decisions in relevant areas of the business.
In order to be considered for the role my client is looking for:
- Degree education within a relevant discipline
- Experience of writing credit risk or statistical papers.
- The ablility to identify the need for change and lead/deliver small scale/local projects, such as model implementations or change to monitoring.
- The ability to interpret complex data and apply advanced numerical techniques is key and familiarity with statistical methods is expected.
- An ability to work on their own initiative, identifying areas of focus, with prioritisation of own workloads is necessary.
Job holders will be expected to liaise effectively with colleagues within the team and across business functions such as Finance, IT and Portfolio Management and will be able to communicate their conclusions and recommendations persuasively to colleagues and senior management. You will have good networking skills with the ability to build relationships and have an understanding of the broader business needs and issues. Good understanding of banking products, system and data would be an advantage, if no banking experience candidate would require a statistical background.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Rosslyn Blair in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Rosslyn Blair|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9812|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist