Data AnalystVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 basic + excellent benefits
Job ref. no.: UK750377
Hudson are looking to speak with experienced data analysts on behalf of our banking client based in Edinburgh. During an ongoing recruitment drive, this organisation is looking to bring in a data specialist to join a team responsible for the configuration, oversight, governance and control of all processes related to the bespoke transaction monitoring systems. This is a permanent role offering great progression opportunities for the right individual.
The department in which this role sits is responsible for the governance and effectiveness of Bespoke Transaction Monitoring System. The function owns the change management, governance, delivery and optimisation of Bespoke transaction monitoring system in line with Group business needs and in support of key regulatory drivers.
Role responsibilities include:
- Analysis of initial system configuration and deployment.
- On-going refinement by analysis of system configurations and outputs.
- Carrying out analysis of customer/account segmentations, volume trends and account activity to produce robust detection mechanisms.
- Setting thresholds and segmentation based on reports and regulatory requirements
- Ability to create reports and supporting evidence from database queries
- Ability to interpret and manipulate large data set to extract trends and identify issues.
- Support the implementation of new AML & regulations into the Bespoke Transaction Monitoring systems and procedures.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with AML systems and processes.
- Understanding of bank payment processes and products.
- Help identify and share best practice for AML, helping to ensure all people, process and systems operate in a “joined up” manner.
- Help translate regulatory requirements, as defined by senior Compliance stakeholders, into consistent, efficient, workable processes.
- Help build the relationship with operations, technology and compliance management in respect of AML systems and processes.
- Cultivate a positive and collaborative working environment with the Compliance function.
- Ability to work and co-ordinate with remote sites.
- Build and manage relationships with IT systems CoE
- Build and manage relationships within risk, CoE, IT, Operations
- Help contribute to AML strategy
- Ensure all documentation is completed with highest quality
- Control the monitoring, tracking and resolving of issues, risks and dependencies on analysis, requirements gathering, design and delivery project tasks.
- To assist the Business stakeholders, in their responsibility for complying with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures relating to AML.
- Be aware of changes to business practices and products to ensure that compliance procedures and controls are adequate to cover them.
- To monitor and check for adherence to compliance procedures and controls.
This is a very technical role with the requirement for in depth understanding of advanced software and data analysis skills. In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Good understanding of the business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- AML experience
- Knowledge of SAS, Qlickview, SpotFire or similar
- Able to produce and interrogate complex analytical data
- Understanding business requirements and ability to convert these into positive systems changes
- Experience in data analysis within databases ( preferably Hadoop/Teradata) using SQL/HQL to analyse large datasets
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make actionable recommendations from data
- Excellent analytical skills with a good eye for detail and ability to draw and support conclusions from data trends.
- Awareness of business lines and the services/products they offer
- A working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to travel.
- Ability to work un supervised at times and direct own work
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to convey information in a way that is clear, succinct, and easily understood by non-analysts
- Understanding or experience in Anti Money Laundering, Payments, Compliance, Analytics, Risk.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Rosslyn Blair in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Rosslyn Blair|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9812|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Data Analyst - EdinburghMBN Solutions, edinburgh
- Private Client Delivery AnalystMeraki Talent Limited, edinburgh
- Operations AnalystsCompany Confidential, edinburgh
- Trade Support AnalystColesco Consulting, edinburgh
- Data Analyst - Financial Services - Edinburgh - PermMcGregor Boyall Associates, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist