Compliance Manager, Policy & AdviceVacancy posted: Friday, 2 December 2016
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000 basic + excellent benefits
Job ref. no.: UK750372
Are you looking to continue and develop your career in Compliance? Do you have deep knowledge of banking regulations?
Hudson are working alongside an instantly recognisable retail banking brand based in Edinburgh who are looking to develop their growing compliance division. They are looking to add a Compliance specialist to support the Head of Policy and Advice in managing and delivering the compliance and conduct risk framework ensuring it meets the standards required of the EWR management framework.
The successful candidate will assist in defining compliance and conduct appetite while agreeing minimum standards and embedding the compliance and conduct risk policy across the business. They will be a regulatory expert who will be adept in translating regulations and scanning the horizon for any upcoming changes.
The main duties of this role include and are not limited to:
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on the application of the Policy to their business areas including core processes such as the management of risk events and risk registers.
- Review and challenge business proposals presented to Committees for decisions to ensure that there has been adequate consideration of the regulatory requirements and evidence of appropriate actions to ensure delivery of fair customer outcomes.
- Ensure the Compliance and Conduct Risk Policy and wider Framework is aligned with Enterprise Risk Management Policy Standards.
- Provide compliance and conduct advice on queries and projects.
- Identify external regulatory change, conduct an impact assessment and communicate the change to key business stakeholders
- Working with the Head of Compliance Governance, ensure appropriate elements of the Compliance and Conduct Risk Policy are included in the overall assurance plan to test Policy embedding and be confident in making recommendations of any action required.
- Contribute to relevant Compliance and Conduct Risk reporting to the Board, BRC and the Regulatory Compliance Committee ensuring accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Working with the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) team, this role holder will support the deployment of the SRM framework for the Bank’s partners and suppliers establishing a single view of pricing, performance, service and issue resolution, ensuring governance is measured in line with the SRM process, policy and risk appetite
In order to be considered for this role you will have a detailed and broad knowledge of the FCA regulations and the requirements surrounding banking. You will understand the regulators conduct risk agenda and be able to confidently review and challenge business proposals considering the impact on the customer. You will be well organised and comfortable sitting in project meetings and advising on regulatory change and translating this to the business.
If you are a proactive self starter who enjoys taking on a challenge and prioritising then this could be the role for you.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Kevin McLaren in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Kevin McLaren|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9861|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist