Senior Governance AnalystVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £35,000 with potential to earn a company bonus based on performance.
Closing date: 11 November 2016
Golden Charter, the UK market leader in funeral plans, has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Governance Analyst to join our busy Risk and Compliance Department on a full time basis. The role will be based at our head office in Bearsden.
As Senior Governance Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring that Golden Charter is complying within its own internal standards, regulatory requirements and risk management framework.
You will regularly carry out business wide reviews measuring compliance with documented processes, provide regular risk management updates to senior management and challenge progression of action plans with department heads.
Reporting to the Head of Governance your key responsibilities will involve:
- Support and administer the operational and strategic management of risk through co-ordinating the risk management programme and providing advice and guidance, including the development of standard templates and tools to assist in managing risk.
- Prepare risk updates and risk management reports for the Board, Operations Board and the Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Co-ordinate strategic risk management and maintaining the strategic risk register.
- Liaise with the Heads of Function to periodically review operational risk registers for consistency, completeness and to challenge actions that have been taken. This review will also ensure all relevant risks have been escalated to the strategic risk register.
- Sign off literature as per Golden Charter’s sign off process. This involves reviewing and identifying potential regulatory issues relating to sales and marketing materials generated by multiple business channels.
- Undertake reviews as per the annual governance plan and report the results of reviews and recommended actions to the Operations Board and Audit Committee.
- Provide advice to staff on existing Golden Charter policies, for example, gifts and entertainment, conflicts of interest, DPA, dealing with vulnerable customers and whistleblowing.
- Provide direction and act as a subject matter expert for the business in helping to ensure their compliance with regulatory requirements are met, for example, through input into business projects
- Respond to compliance enquiries from business areas relating to sales, marketing and operations activities and ensure Golden Charter’s policies, procedures, and guidelines are communicated and adhered to.
- Contribute to the creation of internal manuals, policies and procedures to ensure consistent and sound practices are adhered to within each business area.
- Ensure that Golden Charter’s values, culture and standards of performance are maintained at all times.
- Disciplined and enthusiastic with self-drive and motivation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Ability to communicate ideas and issues effectively to colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal
- Ability to pro-actively investigate solutions to problems using own experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to challenge and influence confidently at all levels
- Commitment to continuous personal development
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with changing business priorities
Salary - £35,000 with potential to earn a company bonus based on performance.
Hours – Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Benefits – Onsite parking, pension contribution, life insurance, subsided gym membership, various funded social events.
If you're looking for your next challenge and you have the desired skills for the Senior Governance Analyst role, please hit the "apply now" button today.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist