Head Of Collections & RecoveriesVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £70k - £80k basic plus a great benefits package!
Job ref. no.: UK747537
Hudson is currently recruiting for this high profile Financial Services client based in Edinburgh who is keen to secure a talented Head of Collections & Recoveries for its growing organisation
This unique client covers a wide variety of products and the diversity of the business makes it a unique and exciting place to be!
This role is required to drive the development of the business proposition by:
- Developing and optimising business systems, strategies and processes to deliver fair customer outcomes, ensuring that bad debts remain within budget and that all aspects relating to Collections & Recoveries in the Bank’s Change Programme meet business objectives.
You will also have overarching responsibility for ensuring the outsourced providers deliver services in line with agreed service levels and the Bank’s standards and policies.
Key aspects of the role:
- Design and deliver the collections and recoveries operational strategy for the Bank
- Lead the Collections and Recoveries function to ensure strategies are fit for purpose and cost effective, keeping Bad Debt to a minimum whilst ensuring the most appropriate treatment for customers
- Work closely with 2nd line Risk to ensure execution of the Collections, Recoveries strategy is aligned to the Bank’s risk appetite
- Provide C&R insight to relevant Bank Committee's, including where appropriate Board Risk Committee and Audit Committee
- Work with senior stakeholders including Head of Customer Services, 2nd line Risk and 3rd parties to set appropriate bad debt budget and operational targets taking into account recent performance and the external environment
- Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of C&R through comprehensive suite of MI and quality benchmark information, ensuring delivery of agreed performance to enable the business to meet its financial targets
- Lead the Collections and Recoveries teams and oversee the operational agenda of outsourced service partners ensuring all necessary business controls are embedded and monitored
- Implement business specific C&R initiatives obtaining the necessary support from business stakeholders and approval from appropriate bank committees
- Build a network of contacts within the market to ensure that the Bank benefits from all the latest C&R initiatives
- Ensure that C&R risk is taken into account during the introduction of new products, processes or changes in completion demographics
- Ensure appropriate resources and Service Level Agreements are in place with outsourced providers to manage C&R, working with other areas of Risk and service managers to ensure appropriate SLA and compliance monitoring
- Manage C&R P&L in line with approved budgets
I am ideally looking individuals with the following experience
- Significant management experience in a relevant financial services environment with a strong understanding of retail products and channels
- Proven track record of success in a Senior Collections and Recoveries role
- Strong technical abilities in a risk and/or Collections & Recoveries environment
- Sound knowledge of financial environment with excellent analytical skills - highly numerate
- Strong awareness and understanding of conduct risk, specifically the delivery of fair customer outcomes
- Strong awareness of the control environment (Risk Management Framework) within a financial services organisation
A first class opportunity to join this progressive, dynamic organisation at a key stage in its growth plans.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Scott Maxwell in our Edinburgh Office.
Hudson offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
|Contact Name||Scott Maxwell|
|Telephone||0131 555 9867|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist