Finance OfficerVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Job ref. no.: HES/16/144A
Job Title: Finance Officer
Recruiting Reference: HES/16/144A
Closing Date: 26/10/2016 (Midnight)
Thank you for enquiring for the post of Finance Officer with Historic Environment Scotland based at John Sinclair House and Longmore House, Edinburgh. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment.
We are the lead body for Scotland’s historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. We’re at the forefront of researching and understanding the historic environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its future. We investigate and record architectural and archaeological sites and landscapes across Scotland and care for more than 300 properties of national importance.
Our vision is that Scotland’s historic environment is cherished, understood, shared and enjoyed with pride by everyone.
- To enhance knowledge and understanding of Scotland’s historic environment.
- To protect, conserve and manage the historic environment for the enjoyment, enrichment and benefit for everyone – now, and in the future.
- To share and celebrate our culture heritage with the world.
Salary: £18,963 per annum
Pay Range: £18,963 - £21,723
Location: John Sinclair House and Longmore House
Line Manager: Ann Singer
Working Hours: Full Time Working Hours (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 26/10/2016
Overview of the post and information about the team
The Finance Unit, under the Director of Finance, is responsible for the control of a budget of nearly £80 million and provides comprehensive financial support to all business areas within the organisation. Finance includes Financial Operations, Management Accounts, Procurement and Records Management teams.
This post within the Management Accounts team reports to a Budget Liaison Officer, who provides budget and financial support to three business areas based at John Sinclair House: Collections; Education and Outreach; Survey and Recording. The post will predominately be based in John Sinclair House, with some meetings and working in Longmore House required.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
- Preparing and distributing monthly variance and forecast reports.
- Preparing and distributing backup for consolidated invoices (e.g. travel/mobiles).
- Preparing journals to transfer spend/budget between General Ledger codes.
- Reviewing manual purchase order and receipt requests to ensure accuracy and processing these on finance system (Integra).
- Liaising with business areas regarding open purchase orders and receipts.
- Distributing twice weekly outstanding invoice reports to business areas, collating responses and liaising with Expenditure Team to ensure supplier payments are issued or queries correctly recorded.
- Issuing monthly eProcurement Card statements to fieldworkers.
- Reviewing eProcurement Card transaction logs and completing monthly returns on spend.
- Preparing monthly return of online card payments received from websites.
- Creating and maintaining desk instructions/guidance to ensure current practice is accurately reflected.
- Handling internal and external queries by telephone, email and mail.
- Providing support to business areas on financial queries.
- Assisting with year-end processes including collating income and expenditure accrual information.
- General financial and administrative duties as required
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|Telephone||0131 668 8600|
|Address||Historic Environment Scotland
Human Resources, Room 3.10, Longmore House, Salisbury Place, Edinburgh EH9 1SH
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist