Test AnalystVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £30000 - £38000 per annum + excellent benefits
Closing date: 01 November 2016
Job ref. no.: MW1319940
For my client, a Life & Pensions organisation based in central Edinburgh I am currently looking for a Test Analyst on a permananet basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for system and user acceptance testing of new or changing functionality for a variety of business systems. You will take ownership of the negotiation of test coverage with the business and project manager, being accountable for the execution of tests within agreed timescales. Working within a test team pool you will be an integrated member of a designated project team. This could be aligned to: Mandatory, Regulatory, Service Support or Strategic Project related work.
- Develop an effective working relationship with stakeholders, business analysts, analyst programmers and other testers.
- Develop high level test scenarios using a risk based model which to be signed off by the change owners.
- Develop detailed test cases that prove quality and are effective in finding any bugs or issues.
- Execution of specified test cases in a timely fashion.
Knowledge, skills and experience desired:
- An excellent understanding of the principles of software testing.
- Well versed in a variety of testing techniques and test approaches.
- Experienced in breaking down complex designs into smaller, manageable areas to test.
- A good knowledge of test automation and how it can be used to its best effect.
- Extensive experience of Test Design; Execution; Defect Management across a number of projects.
- Experienced in reporting progress, risks and issues in a timely manner to management.
- Able to plan own work and proactively track and report progress.
- Strong problem solving & communication skills.
- A meticulous & thorough approach to work and a passion for Quality
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different timelines and work schedules
- Excellent planning skills and ability to co-ordinate testing activities.
- Ability to manage your own time and tasks assigned to others.
- Ability to automate tests where appropriate.
- Experience of Microsoft Test Manager or similar test tools
- UFT (was QTP) experience
- Exposure to Cucumber, SpecFlow, Gherkin would be an advantage
|Contact Name||Martin Walker|
|Telephone||0131 301 5349|
About Sanderson Recruitment Plc
Sanderson is the largest company within RSG and has a trading history going back over 30 years. Sanderson specialises in the recruitment of permanent, contract and interim resource for a variety of clients across the UK.
Built on the thriving IT jobs market, Sanderson also operate a variety of emerging market sectors, including Finance, Business Change and Transformation, HR and Procurement, Marketing & Communications and Engineering.
Sanderson employs around 50 consultants who are structured into vertical market delivery teams, ensuring each has expert knowledge of the industry they are working in. Their relationship-based approach ensures that they are speaking with relevant professionals on a daily basis and building high quality talent pools.
Sanderson has developed long term partnerships with many of its core customers which include Zurich Financial Services, Lloyds and AXA.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist