DATA ANALYSTVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: Not Disclosed
Closing date: 25 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 8987
Core Asset Consulting's Client, a financial services firm, has an opportunity for a Data Analyst to join their Edinburgh team on a permanent basis.
This role sits within the Global Risk & Analytics and you would be responsible for the configuration, oversight, governance and control of all processes related to Bespoke Transaction Monitoring systems.
This role offers you the opportunity to work with a global company, within a growing team.
- Knowledge of SAS, Qlickview, SpotFire or similar
- Able to produce and interrogate complex analytical data
- Experience in data analysis within databases (preferably Hadoop/Teradata) using SQL/HQL to analyse large data-sets
- A working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel
- Understanding or experience in Anti Money Laundering, Payments, Compliance, Analytics, Risk
- Analysis of initial system configuration and deployment
- On-going refinement by analysis of system configurations and outputs
- Carrying out analysis of customer/account segmentation, volume trends and account activity to produce robust detection mechanisms
- Setting thresholds and segmentation based on reports and regulatory requirements
- Ability to create reports and supporting evidence from database queries
- Ability to interpret and manipulate large data set to extract trends and identify issues
- Support the implementation of new AML & regulations into the Bespoke Transaction Monitoring systems and procedures
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with AML systems and processes.
- Understanding of bank payment processes and products
Job reference: 8987
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
|Contact Name||Titta Hukkanen|
|Telephone||0131 718 4600|
About Core-Asset Consulting
Core-Asset Consulting is an independent recruitment company specialising in the Investment Banking and Financial Services markets throughout Scotland. Established in 2005, we have expanded considerably, whilst maintaining our reputation as a boutique recruiter.
Our recruitment approach is based on service not sales, and quality in everything we do is our primary focus. Our philosophy is to create long-term results based on understanding the needs of our clients and candidates. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver a premium level recruitment service, and work in close partnership with clients and candidate alike to tailor the most effective recruitment strategies. As a result, many companies now consider us their number one Scottish based recruitment partner.
Dedicated to helping our people achieve their potential, we promote a culture of teamwork, personal responsibility and initiative.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist